Ranting About An RPG I'm In

Ranting Rpg I' M In - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 24th Jan, 2017 - 7:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard

+  1 2 
24th Jan, 2017 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

While playing a game you sort of get frustrated with one or two things but you overlook it because the method is Play By Post so you can't beg for too much BUT because its Play By Post I think some people just become lazy if I can call it that. I don't want to re-copy here and have the moderators sending me private messages so I will just link to the post : Source 1j

I wanted to share it here and ask if others experience this in their games or if I'm asking too much.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2017 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

In Im RPG An Ranting

I haven't experienced someone joining, leaving then joining yet. In almost every game I'm in though there has been the character who just disappears. They will be very active during character creation then either not participate once the game starts or just fade away sometime later. It is irritating to me as well. I understand that this format isn't for everyone. It's just common courtesy to let the Dungeon Master know if you no longer have time or the interest to play anymore so the game can move on.

24th Jan, 2017 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #

Ranting About An RPG I'm In Reviews RPG & Card Board

I think has to do with players seeing the game centered around them and their character rather than their character being part of a team and team play. Either way I just wish people could be more vocal about what they are doing.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2017 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

In Im RPG An Ranting

I agree it is nice to have a game moving forward but at times I see all games bog down some. I know I try to keep my games moving. And sometimes waiting for a person to respond can eat a lot of time.

24th Jan, 2017 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

In Im RPG An Ranting

I can understand missing a day but missing 2,3,4... I think its time to drop those that aren't interested but its not my call. Gaming gods know why I could never be a Dungeon Master. *laugh*.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2017 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

It's not a huge commitment. If nothing else check your game once a day or every two days at the most. It usually takes five to fifteen minutes to post something. It's not a big time commitment at all. People don't even bother to see if they need to post most likely.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Jan, 2017 - 7:17pm / Post ID: #

Ranting An RPG I'm In

I understand Hunter's frustration, hence I have helped put things in place for both Players and the GM to qualify or notify Players. I will not accept this behavior from Dungeon Masters and will often not accept Players looking to be a Dungeon Master who already have that disposition.

I will share with you a secret that I have shared elsewhere: many Players in a game will check it often but not Reply or participate and still keep checking it. Therefore, its not that they do not know the game is being updated or that it is 'their move' but they simply choose not to respond for whatever reason. I know this from the online checks and logs.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2017 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ranting An RPG I'm In Board Card & RPG Reviews

That is very surprising JB. I really don't understand now. Why not post if you bothered to check it and see that the Dungeon Master and other players are waiting on you?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Ranting About An RPG I'm In

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,