Neil Gorsuch

Neil Gorsuch - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st Feb, 2017 - 6:28pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Top  Neil Gorsuch Federal Judge
Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 10:03am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Neil Gorsuch

Analysis: Neil Gorsuch could lead the Supreme Court to a new conservative era

In Neil Gorsuch, a tall, handsome Coloradoan, President Trump plucked an intellectual leader of the next generation of conservative lawyers. Thirty years Antonin Scalia's junior, the 49-year-old Gorsuch would lend a more contemporary, plain-folks brand of judicial conservatism to a court whose right flank is getting old and a bit out of style. Ref. USAToday.

Image from Wikimedia public domain.

Neil Gorsuch
Neil Gorsuch (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 10:25am / Post ID: #

Gorsuch Neil

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi lambasted President Donald Trump's newly named Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch as "A very hostile appointment" and "A very bad decision, well outside the mainstream of American legal thought."

"Elections have ramifications, and here is a living, breathing example of it," Pelosi said Tuesday night during a CNN town hall.

Pelosi cited Gorsuch's rulings on health care, gun safety and environmental issues to explain her concerns. Ref. CNN.

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

Neil Gorsuch
A Friend

Neil Gorsuch History & Civil Business Politics

And this is why nothing ever gets done in our political system any more. She was perfectly happy with President Obama's choice for the Court. I'm sure she thought his views were mainstream, because they were mainstream with her. The truth is, President Obama's pick was as far to the left as Gorsuch is to the right, maybe further left. As an American, I'm truly sick and tired of all this partisan garbage on both sides of the aisle. They need to give President Trump a chance and give Gorsuch a chance. Good [..], they voted him in with a nearly unanimous voice vote when he was nominated to the Court of Appeals and now all of a sudden he is out of the mainstream.

1st Feb, 2017 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

Gorsuch Neil

Neil Gorsuch will be going through the grinder when he goes before the senate to be questioned. Unlike the cabinet he needs more than republican votes to get to the supreme court.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 20 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2%

Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Gorsuch Neil

President Donald Trump said Senate Republicans should "Go for it" and invoke the so-called nuclear option, preventing Democrats from using a filibuster to block his Supreme Court nominee.

"If we end up with that gridlock I would say if you can, Mitch, go nuclear," Trump said of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. "That would be an absolute shame if a man of this quality was caught up in the web."

"It's up to Mitch, but I would say go for it," Trump added.

Trump's comment came as he sat down with groups supporting his Supreme Court nominee, federal appeals court judge Neil Gorsuch, and answered a question from a reporter about early Democratic opposition to Gorsuch's nomination to the bench.

Invoking the nuclear option, as it is called on Capitol Hill, would end the need for Supreme Court nominees to receive 60 votes to break a filibuster and proceed to an up-or-down vote on the nomination that only requires a majority to confirm. Both Republicans and Democrats have long resisted doing so as it would change the confirmation process for Supreme Court nominees in the future as well. Ref. CNN.

1st Feb, 2017 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

Neil Gorsuch

He got 100% of the vote the last time he was before the Senate so if they vote against him now its just for spite against Trump and nothing else.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 87 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 8.7%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Feb, 2017 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #

Neil Gorsuch
A Friend

Neil Gorsuch

His appointment is probably the only major decision Trump has made I'm not cringing about. I don't think Gorsuch is the right choice, but he's not a horrible one based on what I've seen. That said, Trump's decision to use the 'nuclear' option, is another matter. That will have significantly negative repercussions down the road in terms of bipartisan decisions.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 1st Feb, 2017 - 6:25pm

1st Feb, 2017 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

Neil Gorsuch Politics Business Civil & History

This is a need for speed thing that the Trump administration has as its main theme for all their decisions. They are surfing on the wave of him already being unanimously approved but if they are going to push through agendas then the Democrats will rebel even if Neil Gorsuch is a really good judge.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 87 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 8.7%

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Neil Gorsuch

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,