Neil Gorsuch - Page 3 of 5

Rather off topic, but... Yes, he threatens - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 24th Mar, 2017 - 6:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Top  Neil Gorsuch Federal Judge
Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 12:24am / Post ID: #

Neil Gorsuch
A Friend

Neil Gorsuch - Page 3

No matter how you look at things with the US Congress the American people are not winning. Now we are going to do the same with the US Supreme court. This is a no win situation.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

Neil Gorsuch
A Friend

Gorsuch Neil

I'm sick of the hypocrisy of both sides. One party will be against shutting down the government or filibustering nominees. They will say its wrong and will destroy democracy more or less. Then when they are the opposition suddenly it's so important to stop the majority party that's it's fine for them to do it. It's okay to use the nuclear option if your party is in charge. If the other party does it then the world is ending. Can we do away with the two party system please?

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 24th Mar, 2017 - 12:30am

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

Neil Gorsuch
A Friend

Neil Gorsuch History & Civil Business Politics

Well, short of changing the voting system to a less divisive setup than first past the post, the only thing that would do it is a candidate capable of rallying the vast majority of independent voters.

Sanders was the closest to being able to achieve that I've ever seen, but he failed.

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 12:45am / Post ID: #

Neil Gorsuch
A Friend

Page 3 Gorsuch Neil

I think the problem is we have a two party only system. We need a third choice. This may be what Kyrroeth was getting at. The closest to make anything of a third party was Teddy Roosevelt when he left the Republicans, because they went against everything he stood for, and started the Bull Moose party. I'm pretty sure he actually got electoral votes. I know he was well into double digits. If we had a third choice we'd maybe be able to keep them all honest… maybe.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 24th Mar, 2017 - 12:54am

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 12:57am / Post ID: #

Neil Gorsuch
A Friend

Gorsuch Neil

Do away with the democrats and the Republicans I say. Start fresh. We have more than two parties now but the only ones we care about is the democrats and republicans and independents. We need senators that will vote on merit and not down party lines. That is why the US Supreme court is still without nine judges.

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

Neil Gorsuch
A Friend

Neil Gorsuch

We do have more than two parties, but the rules limit it to only two parties with a hope of winning. Why does a candidate have to poll at ten percent to be in a debate? Let them all debate. Heck, we might hear something we like from one of the others. We need to empower a real third party. I think that would force the other parties to break out of their current mold… or they'd continue to lose seats.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 3:35am / Post ID: #

Neil Gorsuch
A Friend

Neil Gorsuch - Page 3

That's the problem in a nutshell. We need a third party. The system is rigged to make that happening almost impossible. I think most members of both parties don't care that much if their party is in control. They just want to hold onto their power and money they are getting. You can see the difference with Trump. Love him or hate him he is an outsider. He threatens the establishment in both parties. That is the real reason everyone is after him. The corruption in DC is deeply entrenched. Any outsider that threatens the establishment would be treated the same.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 24th Mar, 2017 - 3:36am

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

Neil Gorsuch
A Friend

Neil Gorsuch Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Rather off topic, but...
Yes, he threatens the status quo in a way that makes many in DC petrified. I sure don't agree with a lot of what he does and says. I don't agree with the way he and his team implements some of the policies I agree with. But I do agree that we need to drain the swamp. Congressmen leave office and open shops down the street to lobby Congress for a country, organization, or company. They continue to make obscene money and their buddies still in Congress help them. Why, because they know where bones are buried.

This is fundamentally wrong. This is what happened to Rome before it fell. Long before the Barbarians came crashing through the gates Rome had a terminal illness and it rotted from within. Rome was ripe for falling not because of the attacks. A strong Rome could have fended them off easily and had fended off similar attacks for centuries. It fell because no one cared enough about it to try and defend it, they all only cared for themselves. We are getting there.

Now, bringing this back on-topic, this is partially why Judge Gorsuch is running into such headwinds. He is a strict Constitutionalist and that scares the dickens out of people too. Because, he may actually think like President Trump on many issues.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 24th Mar, 2017 - 6:58pm

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Neil Gorsuch

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,