Neil Gorsuch - Page 4 of 5

Senate confirms Neil Gorsuch as the 113th - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Apr, 2017 - 4:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Top  Neil Gorsuch Federal Judge
Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Neil Gorsuch
A Friend

Neil Gorsuch - Page 4

Thinking like Trump and being a strict constitutionalist are both reasons for people to not like him (Independent of whether or not those are good reasons). But I don't think it is possible for him to do both, not given the level of disregard Trump has shown it so far.

In any case, I suspect its more political than practical. They're opposing the choice because it was Trump's idea more than because they think its a bad choice.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 7:46pm / Post ID: #

Neil Gorsuch
A Friend

Gorsuch Neil

Daishain,

I hear you. I think President Trump is a Constitutionalist on some issues, I think he's pragmatic as well, so he is willing to listen… sometimes. That comes from his business side. I think you are correct that there are aspects of the Constitution he disregards or just pays lip service to, like most Presidents. But Gorsuch scares even many Republicsns because of his adherence to the written word and his interpretation. It could be all political, but I think it's deeper. And for no particular reason than it's a gut feeling.

Post Date: 29th Mar, 2017 - 2:06pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Neil Gorsuch History & Civil Business Politics

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell announced Tuesday the Senate will vote on Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch on April 7 before lawmakers leave Washington for a two-week recess in Congress.

"We're going to get Judge Gorsuch confirmed," McConnell told reporters on Capitol Hill.

Democrats are mounting a filibuster of the nomination, and Republicans, who number 52 in the Senate, are trying to bring on board the eight Democrats needed to break the filibuster.

If they fail to get 60 votes, Republicans could change the rules and confirm Gorsuch with a simple majority -- a decision known as the "Nuclear option" -- though the move would be highly contentious. Ref. CNN.

Post Date: 29th Mar, 2017 - 2:10pm / Post ID: #

Neil Gorsuch
A Friend

Page 4 Gorsuch Neil

Well, it looks this is going to be a done deal. I guess the suspense now is seeing if the Republicans have to exercise the nuclear option or not. For the sake of the country I hope it doesn't get to that.

29th Mar, 2017 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

Gorsuch Neil

I was looking at Neil Gorsuch during the hearing. He comes across as over confident and does not have a natural flow to his ability to be charismatic and it came out more when he was being pressed by certain members of the committee.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 175 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 17.5%

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Neil Gorsuch

Senate approves rules change to 'go nuclear' on Supreme Court nomination

The Senate has completed a series of procedural maneuvers for the "Nuclear option" on Neil Gorsuch's Supreme Court nomination. The rules change means that only a simple majority is needed to stop the Democratic filibuster. Republicans are now expected to easily pass a new cloture vote, which allows the Senate to proceed to a final vote to confirm Gorsuch on Friday. Ref. USAToday.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

Neil Gorsuch
A Friend

Neil Gorsuch - Page 4

And so it goes. The Democrats are mad because the Republicans didn't approve their eminently qualified left of center candidate because President Obama's last year. So they decided to quash Gorsuch because the Republican's eminently qualified right of center candidate. So, since when to two wrongs make a right? The reason the Dems tried to do this is pay back and politics pure and simple. The Republicans have done similar things, like the last eight years. Until one of the parties decides to rise above this pettiness we're consigned to dysfunction.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 4:12pm / Post ID: #

Neil Gorsuch Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

Senate confirms Neil Gorsuch as the 113th justice of the Supreme Court

The Senate has confirmed Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court, completing a 419-day odyssey that stretched from the death of Justice Antonin Scalia and the denial of President Obama's nominee to a Senate rules change known as the "Nuclear option." Gorsuch is expected to be sworn in early next week. The addition of Gorsuch will bring the court back to full strength following a period in which it deadlocked on four cases, delayed others and avoided sweeping rulings. Ref. USAToday.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Neil Gorsuch

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,