ROK II Event Submissions

Rok Ii Event Submissions - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 16th Oct, 2018 - 2:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

This is where the Players become the Dungeon Masters in Ruler of Kings II
5th Feb, 2017 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #

ROK II Event Submissions

ROK II Event Submissions

ROK II Events allow Players to become the 'Dungeon Master' by describing things to the Player. This can be in the form of an Event where they must make a choice or a Location, where they describe in detail what a place looks like so the Player can visualize it.

I am getting many Event Submissions but unfortunately, most of them are not correct. I am opening this Thread to help people understand what is needed as well as ask any specific questions about the process.

Think About All Characters Not Just Yours

One of the biggest mistakes with submissions is Players thinking about their Character rather than any Character. Here is a basic example. Someone puts this in their story as the story rather than as a choice:

"You reach for your sword… "

This is wrong because how do they know that the Player's Character has a sword? How do they know if they reach for it?

See… coding and implementing a game like this takes a lot of thought. A proper text would be:

"You decide to attack… "

Focus On The Story, Not The Reward

Players put more thought into the rewards that should be given than the actual story. According to the Submission guidelines you do NOT reward anything as part of your story, we decide that.

This is Just One Event - Not A Quest

When you write a Random Event you are writing an inncident where a Player chooses to take an action and then move on that is all. It is not for you to then tell us to code a Quest. For instance the following is wrong:

"You meet a man who tells you to go to 'X' place where you will see a cave, etc.

End Actions Continue The Story

When putting what happens as the result of a choice Players tend to start off like this:

"If you choose 'X' then this happens… "

That is wrong because they have already made the choice now you need to write what happens. Do not talk to the Player, you are always writing about the Character.

Sponsored Links:
6th Feb, 2017 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

Submissions Event II ROK

Do NOT Submit A Specific Location

Despite specifically stating that there should be NO specific location mentioned in a random event someone submits their entire story on the Character being in a certain location. Again:

international QUOTE (Event Submission Rules)
Do NOT place the Character in a specific location be general like walking down the street, passing by the market, etc.

I took the time to explain the reason in an Email to the Player despite the explanation already being clearly represented here and yet they still ask me why its not acceptable.

I cannot keep replying back and forth saying the same thing over and over… I will just respond here ONCE because I will not say anything different than I would say privately. Hopefully, this will help everyone that has doubts to understand:

The reason you cannot say a Character is in a specific location is due to LOGIC - your event is RANDOM, therefore you cannot know WHERE the Character will be when the event happens!

See this example: A Character is exiting the Town but a Random Event puts the Character as entering the Brothel. No! You cannot know that the Character is going there or even has the ability to go there!

The location must be general like passing by a building, walking in the streets, etc. Events are about encounters with people or happenings not a place.

24th Feb, 2017 - 11:27am / Post ID: #

ROK II Event Submissions Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Example Of Talking To Player Instead Of Writing About Character

Here is a submission example:

Wrong: Character looks for the object, but cannot find it. Character decides to give up and continue what they were doing.

As mentioned in the rules of the submission you should not be talking to the Player about the Character because you are in the story. You have to write about the Character. For example look at the above, here is how it should be:

Correct: "You look for the object, but cannot find it. You decide to give up and continue what you were doing."

25th Mar, 2017 - 2:58pm / Post ID: #

Submissions Event II ROK

I'll admit this is one part of the game that I really struggle with every time it comes up. I'm hoping to be a little more imaginative as time goes by.

12th Nov, 2017 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

Submissions Event II ROK

To make it simpler for those who may not be familiar with Old English or who do not want to submit an Event, they can also choose to do just a Location Description. Details will be given when this choice is given.

8th Oct, 2018 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

ROK II Event Submissions

Hello folks. I wanted to have gold or an object as a reward for an event, is it possible?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Oct, 2018 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

ROK II Event Submissions

When you submit an event I think you get a small token from the Dungeon Master but I can't remember since its been awhile since I had to do one of those.

> TOPIC: ROK II Event Submissions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,