Text RPGs: Reading vs Comprehension - Page 2 of 3

Oh I have done something more than what an - Page 2 - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 15th Jun, 2018 - 12:27am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Reading Text Roleplaying FAQ: Where are the answers to playing Ruler of Kings? The story is the answer, however it takes some effort on your part. Learn how in this Thread.
23rd Feb, 2017 - 5:52pm / Post ID: #

Text RPGs: Reading vs Comprehension - Page 2

Competition is an issue but the irony is that in the beginning the story does not say anything about competing or trying to get to the top before everyone else. I think we just decide that is how it is for ourselves. The story emphasizes that we create the outcome. When you think about it what stops us from writing that in as part of our Character's story, that our Character is a winner?

Sponsored Links:
23rd Feb, 2017 - 5:56pm / Post ID: #

Comprehension Reading RPGs Text

Fair enough, and it has been a though I have considered myself. Admittedly, I have limited myself to how I contribute to the game as while I am fine with the writing in the journal and sending letter to my character's adviser I always find myself hesitating in adding lore here or a description there perhaps because of a lack of confidance.

23rd Feb, 2017 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

Text RPGs: Reading vs Comprehension Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Thomaslee you're a good writer and if you aren't the moderators would probably come down hard on you. There is good gold in making those submissions. Back to reading and comprehension: I think that when you understand what the game is about it affects your approach to it. What would be great to prevent people from rushing is probably a video about how someone should approach it.

11th Apr, 2017 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Comprehension Reading RPGs Text

I think the key is to enjoy the current story and enjoy your creating your own story. When you play this way everything makes sense and you will see the hidden messages in ROK II. When I am done with the mechanics I will be working on the mystery behind certain characters which will make it delicious.

14th Jun, 2018 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

Comprehension Reading RPGs Text

While doing some research I was amazed to see how many Players created Characters and simply did not Equip any sword or armor but went through battle after battle. *shaking my head*. To help solve this issue and make it even more clear I have added: Equip / Equipment text with a visual to the ROK II Player Handbook. There is also a small warning on the Character Sheet if the script detects no weapon.

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2018 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

Text RPGs: Reading vs Comprehension
A Friend

Text RPGs: Reading vs Comprehension

Oh come on that makes it too easy. It is much more fun to see those that go into battle with no weapon. I would not make it too easy on them.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Jun, 2018 - 12:24am / Post ID: #

Text RPGs Reading Comprehension - Page 2

I guess some people need that kind of in your face warning or they don't get it. Maybe they aren't reading the tip boxes about it or looking at their character sheet properly and assume once they buy it they are using it. Next, you could put a big red arrow to look at the tip box.

15th Jun, 2018 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

Text RPGs Reading Comprehension Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post - Page 2

Oh I have done something more than what an arrow could do. After a purchase at the Town Armorer or the Town Weapons Master there is an explicit message stating that the item is not equipped and that they have to do so via their Character Sheet. I also link to the Player Manual's explanation on how to Equip items.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Text RPGs: Reading vs Comprehension

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,