Donald Trump's Handshakes

Donald Trump' S Handshakes - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 18th Feb, 2017 - 5:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Video Available Is the demeanor and diplomacy of the President of the USA relevant?
18th Feb, 2017 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

We all know how much Donald Trump likes CNN and how much CNN loves him. It would take news outlet like CNN to produce the below video. The demeanor of President Trump is so 'entertaining' that it is a lot of fuel for both the news, skits and the like. Donald Trump also has an array of aspects to him that simply cannot be documented in one Thread. Therefore, I am using this Thread to focus on his handshakes. Have a look:

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 4:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Handshakes Trumps Donald

It is a hand shale. Leave it to CNN to try to make it into something more than it is. A lot of powerful thinking men when shaking your hand will try to bring your hand in closer to their body as a way to say I am more powerful than you. It is nothing more than a intimidation tatic but it is still just a hand shake. Saying that no one can excape from it is just plain bad press in my opinion.

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Donald Trump's Handshakes Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Okay, that was funny but I have to agree with KN here. It's his handshake, let's not make news out of it. There's enough real news that we don't need to waste time on this. Of course, if it's just for fun…

18th Feb, 2017 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

Handshakes Trumps Donald

His handshake isn't appropriate if it makes the other person feel uncomfortable. Its the kind of handshake buddies would do not heads of state.

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Handshakes Trumps Donald

Stacia,

I agree that this is the kind of handshake buddies would do. The thing is, President Trump is not a politician. He's a businessman and I could see where a shake like that would be appropriate to "Set the tone" at a meeting. In a business meeting one wants to be dominant. I'll tell you, if it unnerve the other head of state and gives the President an advantage I don't have a problem with it. I'm going back a bit, bit I think President Reagan used to give a heck of a handshake too. He'd bring people in close, although I don't remember him doing the hand over thing or it lasting so long.

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Further, its the kind of handshake some buddies would do when meeting up for a boisterously fun occasion. Its not good for a formal occasion regardless of personal relationship. Personally, I'd find it incredibly irritating no matter who did it.

I don't think I can quite agree that it is irrelevant. I will agree that there are more important things to comment on, but a vast portion of POTUS' job is diplomacy, literally yanking public officials around is highly detrimental to that.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Feb, 2017 - 4:09pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain,

It may or may not be highly detrimental. When heads of states meet it's pretty much a negotiation from beginning to end. If this gives him an advantage it's a good thing. If this puts the other person off and causes the negotiations to end then it's a bad thing. The bottom line is, it's him and I'm pretty sure every world leader worth a darn will be briefed on this from now on… which is too bad because if it was a tactic he used to gain an upper hand he just lost it.

Rather off topic, but...
Sometimes the press needs to not give so much away. I have no doubt if we had the press we have today during WW II we'd still be fighting WW II. They'd pry into everything and report on anything for sensationalism and ratings. All of our strategies and tactics would leak out and the enemy would be ready for them. Our politics too. Meeting with Stalin? Oh, this is what to expect Mr. Stalin so you can be ready at Yalta and get an even better deal. What, firebombing kills civilians? Can't do that any more. Sorry, sometimes the actions of the press upsets me. Off my soapbox.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 18th Feb, 2017 - 4:20pm

18th Feb, 2017 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

Donald Trump's Handshakes Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Its easy to look at the positive aspects when its your friend but not when you're head of state. Suppose the person has a medical condition or resents you for it… They will not say it but they will be irritated.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Donald Trump's Handshakes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,