Autocorrect

Autocorrect - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 23rd Feb, 2017 - 4:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2017 - 1:21am / Post ID: #

Autocorrect
A Friend

Autocorrect

What are you thoughts on auto-correct. I know some people hate it but others love it. I know there is even web sites on auto-correct failures. Do you use this feature a lot or hardly ever?

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 23rd Feb, 2017 - 1:22am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2017 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

Autocorrect
A Friend

Autocorrect

I love to hate it and I hate to love it. So, when it does me right it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. When it does me wrong it's as messed up as a soup sandwich. Yes, those are both army ways of saying things. Why did I stick in Army stuff here? It's because I'm as hard as woodpecker lips.

Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2017 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

Autocorrect
A Friend

Autocorrect UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

A soup sandwich. I like that *smile* It's nice when it works. It can be very helpful. I try to always double check texts etc that I send even after the autocorrect. I have had a couple of embarrassing situations with texts changed improperly by that darn autocorrect.

Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2017 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

Autocorrect
A Friend

Autocorrect

I am familiar with the Army jargon and I have found that auto-correct can change some of it into some very interesting words if you do not watch it closely. I know it helps me many times because I can hardly spell but it has tended to cause me some interesting texts too.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 23rd Feb, 2017 - 2:16am

23rd Feb, 2017 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Autocorrect

Autocorrect is a blessing I feel, but one very flawed as well as it is only as good as its programming and by how well one can type a word to the point where it can properly recognize what it is supposed to be.

Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2017 - 2:24am / Post ID: #

Autocorrect
A Friend

Autocorrect

KN,

That is actually why I wrote those, they mean something to me. When I text with my Army buddies we often use jargon and what autocorrect changes that too is often hilarious. And to add to what Kyrroeth wrote, on one or two occasions it was embarrassing what it was changed into when someone's wife or kid read it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Feb, 2017 - 2:34am / Post ID: #

Autocorrect
A Friend

Autocorrect

The autocorrect on my phone has forced me to override it far more often than it has actually helped out.

The one on this site isn't quite as intrusive, but has still caused a few issues.

23rd Feb, 2017 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

Autocorrect Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

I have never needed to override the settings, but I have had to add to the dictionary so that auto-correct doesn't change a correct word into something else. Happens a lot on here when I do you my phone like being unable to correctly spell Geoffroy or even Kyra's name gets changed and I have to go back.

Also yes, auto-correct can be at its worse when it changes a word to something embarrassing or inappropriate though funny enough when I intentionally try to type a swear it changes that do something else. Admittedly, I get more annoyed with the Mic function as so often it seems to not catch what I am actually trying to say. Sighs.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 23rd Feb, 2017 - 4:38pm

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Autocorrect

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,