The Evolution Of Music

The Evolution Music - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 23rd Apr, 2017 - 2:40am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2017 - 12:42pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

The Evolution Of Music

The making of music

A new study suggests that music -- and specifically infant-directed song -- evolved as a way for parents to signal to children that their needs are being met, while still freeing up parents to perform other tasks, like foraging for food, or caring for other offspring. Ref. Source 6d.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Feb, 2017 - 6:58am / Post ID: #

The Evolution Of Music
A Friend

Music Evolution The

This is truly fascinating. It is strange that humans are the only species that has music. It serves no reproductive purpose. This might explain it's origins.

22nd Apr, 2017 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

The Evolution Of Music Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Music sung to infants also stimulates recognition of the mothers voice. Time spent singing to children often fosters a strong bond between mother and child.

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2017 - 2:40am / Post ID: #

The Evolution Of Music
A Friend

Music Evolution The

This makes sense to me. I wonder how long ago humans started singing. And now I also wonder if any of our ancestors did. Did cro-magnon sing? How about Neanderthals? Very interesting.

> TOPIC: The Evolution Of Music

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,