Heated Floors

Heated Floors - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 10th Jun, 2017 - 3:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2017 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

Heated Floors
A Friend

Heated Floors

Since the subject was brought up in the heated towels section what do you think of having heated floors? How would you go about installing them? I know with a new house being build it would be easy to do but if you have a existing home going about adding heated floors could be a major expense. What would be the cheapest route? Closed water system, Forced air, or electrical heating coils? What are you thoughts on this?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Mar, 2017 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

Heated Floors
A Friend

Floors Heated

Great idea so far as I'm concerned, but could be quite expensive.

Heated coils are probably the most consistent, but likely expensive, and if something does go wrong you could be in trouble.

I'd go for heated air in the walls and floors. Existing design has large gaps inside of a home's walls and floors, one only needs to add a means to pipe the hot air in there.

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2017 - 5:04pm / Post ID: #

Heated Floors
A Friend

Heated Floors Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I was thinking of the forced air you can connect it to your existing heat system but with air you can get hot spots and uneven heating. What about a closed water system where you have the water going through small snaking back and forth pipes that will heat the floor more evenly?

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2017 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

Heated Floors
A Friend

Floors Heated

You end up with the same problem. The water loses heat as it goes through the pipe, warming some parts more than others.

If anything, its worse, as the water, along with the heat, is less free to spread out.

Post Date: 10th Jun, 2017 - 3:47pm / Post ID: #

Heated Floors
A Friend

Floors Heated

Maybe steam or even use electric. Now if you heated the floor with electricity you can have it more evenly heated. I am sure that no matter the method you are going to have some uneven heating.

> TOPIC: Heated Floors

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,