Banking Milk, Feeding Baby

Banking Milk Feeding Baby - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 3rd May, 2016 - 7:19pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Health Related News
Post Date: 1st Aug, 2008 - 2:00pm / Post ID: #

Health Related

Research has shown that breastfeeding has health benefits for both moms and their babies. But in some cases, new moms are unable to nurse. That's why two local women have opened what they call "The Mothers' Milk Bank of New England."
Source: WBZ-TV - Breaking News, Weather and Sports for Boston, Worcester and New Hampshire

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Aug, 2008 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Baby Feeding Milk Banking

I think this is a good idea for those who can not nurse. It will help their babies develop a better immune system. I believe this can be something that catches on nation wide.

1st Aug, 2008 - 9:13pm / Post ID: #

Banking Milk, Feeding Baby Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Definitely a better alternative than cow's milk or formula for the first year. However, there are some people who are a bit squeamish about sharing breast milk. I see that as an obstacle to overcome before it catches on in large scale. It is really not much different than the old practice of having a wet nurse.

17th Mar, 2009 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

I do applaud the basic idea here, mom's milk is always best.

I how ever see some huge issues. Have the donors been scanned for addictions, diseases (hep c or HIV.) Also what about the facilities and storage and milk expiry?

I can see where that once they get rolling the government will get involved and the unpasteurized milk will be disallowed and all the preservatives will get dumped int ad destroy the whole point of this operation.

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2012 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Critical shortage of mother's milk triggers plea for new donors

A shortage of human milk has officials calling for new donors. Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 3rd May, 2016 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Does supplemental donor milk instead of formula reduce infections in preterm infants?

The combined incidence of serious infection, the intestinal disease necrotizing enterocolitis and death was similar in very low-birth-weight infants who received either pasteurized donor milk or preterm formula supplementation during their first 10 days of life when their own mother's milk was not sufficiently available, according to an article. Ref. Source 3t.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Banking Milk, Feeding Baby

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,