Thaosx Introduction

Thaosx Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 14th Mar, 2017 - 12:28am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 10th Mar, 2017 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Thaosx Introduction
A Friend

Thaosx Introduction

I found this site while looking for "Story-driven" role-playing games, but I am interested in most of the topics that seem to be discussed here. As a student I was interested in both social/political theory and abstract ontology (I was a anthropology/mathematics double major). Sci-fi and role-playing games were a place where these two interests coincided. I was fortunate to alive at a time when I could appreciate the very first forays into interactive fiction - Zork I was my favorite computer game growing up.

After attending grad school for philosophy, I taught high-school math for several years before entering finance. I am now a married, middle-aged portfolio manager who is looking to rekindle my interest in role-playing games and interactive fiction. I also enjoying discussing politics, religion, economics, philosophy, social theory, etc.

I am hoping to find other intellectually curious people with whom to have discussions and to appreciate fiction, philosophy and role-playing experiences.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Mar, 2017 - 12:45am / Post ID: #

Introduction Thaosx

Welcome to Ruler of Kings (ROK II)

Greetings aspiring combatant. To begin thy quest seeketh this place: ROK II Role-playing Game.

If ye be needing additional Role-playing Games with which to broaden thy reach then thou mayest read: How To Find The Role-playing Game That Fits Me?

If thou art lost or have a question about some feature of this most honorable place then thou mayest ask here, thy introduction.

Post Date: 10th Mar, 2017 - 12:47am / Post ID: #

Thaosx Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Hi Thaosx! That was quite an introduction and a very good one at that. Your background means you should fit in here nicely. If you ever have questions about features in the community do feel free to ask in this thread, your introduction, and someone will answer here.

Post Date: 10th Mar, 2017 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.2%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Introduction Thaosx

Welcome to our community Thaosx, it is great to have you here. It is interesting to read you were an Educator and your background in philosophy. I look forward reading your posts so please feel free to jump into the discussions.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 13th Mar, 2017 - 10:01am / Post ID: #

Introduction Thaosx

Thaosx, thank you for supporting the work done here by making a Donation for Forum Points. Your account has been credited with the FP equivalent of what you donated: 200 FP.

Post Date: 13th Mar, 2017 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

Thaosx Introduction

Thaosx, thank you for supporting the work done here by making a Donation for Forum Points. Your account has been credited with the FP equivalent of what you donated: 700 FP.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Mar, 2017 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 467
Flag Posts: 1,788
Avg: 0.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 12.5%
[+] Gain: 144.57 FP
Charm: 48

Thaosx Introduction

Hello. Anthropology/mathematics double major is an interesting choice so what's your career pursuit? I see you're in ROK II good luck.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: -- | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: -- | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 26th Feb, 2014 - 11:47pm
Signature:
Post Date: 14th Mar, 2017 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

Thaosx Introduction
A Friend

Thaosx Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

Hi Stacie,

Thank you. When I first got out of shcool I taught high school math for a few years.

Now I'm in finance working for a small firm as portfolio manager and financial planner.

Finance, like role-playing, is a good place for mixing anthro with math *smile*

So you're in ROK II too? It's a great game - unlike any other I've played.

How did you first become interesting in role playing? What brought you to ROK II?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Thaosx Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,