What We Ignore We Empower

What Ignore Empower - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 29th Sep, 2018 - 6:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
14th Mar, 2017 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

Sometimes its very easy to ignore things to reduce our stress, but if we ignore something for too long it festers and can become an even more stressful event when we are forced to deal with it. Let's take a simple example like eating too much junk food. The problem is not the junk, the problem is wanting to eat too much of it. Often we blame the thing or others when it is in our power to make a change or fix the problem. Yet, if we ignore how bad junk food is for our bodies it can result in being moody, less energetic, diseased and even an early death from fatty liver or heart attack. This is a simplistic example but it can be related to personal goals, teaching, business, handling a situation and so forth. What are your thoughts about the philosophical angles that circle around "What We Ignore We Empower"?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Mar, 2017 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Empower Ignore What

Most people ignore stuff on a regular basis. Like the gentleman who harasses the girl in the next cubical and we remain silent. It allows it to go on and on until she stops coming into work and no one knows why. There is a lot of stuff that is empowered simply because others do not wish to get involved. More and more attitudes can be changed by one or more people speaking up to stop the behavior.

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2017 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What We Ignore We Empower Health & Special Psychology

Yes, I agree with this. If you see something wrong you should try to change it. But be careful, know your environment, and know who you have with you. I'd almost always intervene anywhere if I saw someone saying something that infringes on someone else's rights. Like, when I was at my local 7/11 and some dummy was making fun of one of the workers because he didn't speak English well and his skin was very dark. I confronted, in a generally nice way, him and he backed off. I would not have done that if my youngest one was with me for fear of putting her in harm's way if he say pulled a knife or did something else stupid that would cause me to react. That said, I teach my kids to do what I did… just carefully.

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2017 - 9:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Empower Ignore What

Yes it is those who stand up for the beaten, bullied or harassed people. Trying to show others that there are nice people out here in this crazy world can do wonders. I have met some very nice people by treating them just like anyone else and not as someone inferior.

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2017 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Empower Ignore What

Yup, I'm fairly senior where I work. I often work late and the cleaning crew comes in. They are people, I'm a people too. When they get close I get up, bring them my waste basket, say hello, and engage them in conversation. I'm no better than they are and they are no better than me. If we all treated each other that way perhaps this would be a better world.

Post Date: 14th Mar, 2017 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yes I agree with that. There are too many who feel that some people are beneath them or they are better than another because they make more money. They just do not get it and that makes it hard when trying to show them the proper way.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Mar, 2017 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What Ignore Empower

Yup, and I think the key here is teaching our children to be the same. I hold the door open for the person behind me. It's just the right thing to do. I can't count the number of times someone lets the door slam in my face. I think this is because many of us don't even register the people around us or that they have feelings. When someone lets a door slam in my face I smile at them and I say thank you. Often they turn in surprise and say I'm sorry, I didn't notice you. That is a problem. We don't notice each other. This is another practice we need to change by not ignoring. And we need to start teaching our children manners again.

29th Sep, 2018 - 6:32am / Post ID: #

What Ignore Empower Psychology Special & Health

Hence, we must never be afraid to speak up and once we say what needs to be said we need to act on it and get others to do something about it. Staying quiet is the SAME as endorsing whatever is happening around you.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: What We Ignore We Empower

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,