In Your Area Are You The Minority?

In Area Minority - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 27th Mar, 2017 - 5:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Racial issues
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2017 - 4:12am / Post ID: #

In your area are you the minority?

Consider the place that you live. Are most of the people the same race as you? If they are do you think you could live in a place where you are not in the majority? If you are in the minority do you feel unease or more careful as you walk around your neighborhood? Do you ever get the feeling you are not wanted even if by a few?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2017 - 5:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Minority You Area In

When I was growing up I was definitely a minority. I'm white, but I'm of Greek and Italian heritage. Nearly everyone in the area we moved to was Irish Protestant or English. They picked on me and my Greek last name incessantly. I got into a lot of fights, learned to defend myself, and to defend others. All in all, it was a good learning experience I'd never wish on another.

I went on a jazz cruise a few years ago that was probably 95% black. I got the occasional stare or bad feeling. But in truth, I was treated much better than in my youth. I guess people who know prejudice tend to display prejudice less.

Now I realize we're all minorities and we're all the same, at the same time. You see, we're all different. I'm a Greek/Italian American, he's a Japanese American, she's an Irish American, that ones African American, over this is an American Indian, up ahead is a Latino American. We're all different, none of us is a majority when taken to this level, yet we're all Americans and we're all humans. When taken together we're all people sharing this planet.

> TOPIC: In Your Area Are You The Minority?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,