Police Officers That Are Not Trigger Happy

Police Officers Trigger Happy - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 28th Mar, 2017 - 1:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2017 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Faced with a loaded gun, they held their fire

San Diego police Detectives Odie Gallop and Ross Weaver were awarded the Medal for Valor for their efforts to stop a suicidal woman from hurting herself or anyone else. Despite the fact that she pointed a gun at them twice, the officers did not fire. Ref. Source 1t.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2017 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Happy Trigger Not That Officers Police

So, we'll probably never see this in the news because it's not newsworthy. Why isn't it newsworthy? Because it isn't sensational and it isn't bad. It's good and it's about a group that's cool to dislike right now. Here are two officers of the law who did the right thing and showed extreme bravery doing it… virtually no one will ever know. But let a bad apple cop or one with poor training do something bad and it's on every network for a week.

27th Mar, 2017 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

Police Officers That Are Not Trigger Happy History & Civil Business Politics

This is unheard of… a gun pointed at police officers and they do not draw their own weapon. Definitely needs to be put in the spotlight not just for the public but for other cops to see its possible.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 23 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 2.3%

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2017 - 9:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

William,

The reason this is unheard of is because the national news only reports when cops do something bad. I bet you this happens quite a bit more often than we know about except it rarely gets reported. This will never make the national news, and that's a shame. The national news is quick to report on the bad but not on the good.

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2017 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

This type of thing happens almost on a daily basis somewhere in the US if not more. But yes you do not hear about it because they did not fire and kill someone for what the news will report as unarmed or not doing anything wrong. This is why police officers have a bad rap right now. The news media does all it can to promote racial issues so that everyone things we are a bigoted country.

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2017 - 9:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

KN,

I don't think they do it so the world thinks we're bigoted. The reason I don't think it's that is because there is no money in that. There is money in ratings and if they can report on a shooting and turn it into something, even if it isn't something, then they can drum up ratings, which means more money for commercials. That's the bottom line here, money. There's no money in good stuff because there is no drama. The drama is in the bad stuff. And the thing is, most police officers probably never shoot their weapons at someone… but to hear it on the news or by some people who only know because of the news, you'd think cops were out there shooting someone every day.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2017 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Police Officers That Not Trigger Happy

I feel for police. The pressure of that job is unimaginable and then a lot of people hate them. It's easy to second guess police from the safety of your home. While it is possible for them to not shoot someone while a gun is pointed at them it is dangerous. Everyone wants cops to put themselves at unnecessary risk. They are totally justified for shooting anyone that points a gun at them. I wouldn't fault anyone for shooting someone aiming a gun at them. That is a threat to their life. Cops have families and children that they want to go home to just like anyone else.

I feel that the new media reports the way they do because of their political biases. They aren't objective and don't wish to report news that conflicts with their world view.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Mar, 2017 - 11:31pm

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2017 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Police Officers That Not Trigger Happy Politics Business Civil & History

Kyrroeth,

Yes they are biased and they try to promote their own agenda. But they also go after ratings and I think they think ratings get higher for them when they advance their agendas, and they probably aren't far off the mark. It's our fault too for watching them as they promote their agendas. It is truly past time that we, the general public, learn and start demanding better from the press and from our elected representatives. Maybe then police won't be in the crosshairs as often.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Police Officers That Are Not Trigger Happy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,