Heated Pavement Technology

Heated Pavement Technology - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 30th Mar, 2017 - 3:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Sidewalk heat
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2017 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Heated pavement technology tested at Des moines International Airport

Engineers are testing heated pavement technologies at the Des Moines International Airport. They've installed two test slabs of electrically conductive concrete. And the pavement has effectively cleared ice and snow. Ref. Source 9r.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2017 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Technology Pavement Heated

A house I once looked at when I was in the market had a heated driveway. I'm sure that would've been great during snow storms.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 2:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Heated Pavement Technology UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

It is very interesting to watch the snow cover the ground and then in these two spots the snow and ice never accumulate and the pavement stays clear and soon is dry after the snow or ice event. I think more should have it. I would like to have a heated driveway.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 3:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I'm rather concerned about the energy usage. It takes a lot of juice to melt ice, well over 300 kilojoules per kilogram, and then add on a little more than that amount to cause the newly melted water to reach evaporation temp.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

If the pavement is already warm then the ice does not stick to it and simply melts thus no worries about melting the ice, This technology does not use a lot of electricity to keep it warm and clear.

Post Date: 30th Mar, 2017 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The amount of energy required to transition water from solid to liquid, and liquid to gas doesn't change based on whether or not the surface is already warm.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 30th Mar, 2017 - 3:14am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Heated Pavement Technology

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,