New Video Games Working On Older Computers

New Video Games Working Older Computers - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 10:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

8th Apr, 2017 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

New Video Games Working On Older Computers

Why don't they make newer video games to have an option to cut out all the fancy stuff so it can be playable on lower resolution computers that aren't as fast. Microsoft is really good at that. You can opt out for shadow effects and other stuff if its slowing down your game.

Sponsored Links:
11th Apr, 2017 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Computers Older Working Games Video New

I do not play video games anymore but when I used to I noticed that when the video game companies started to invest in specific games it all changed because the video card companies want you to buy their top of the line stuff in order to play 'x' game. Older games catered for this nicely, not so much so with today's market.

22nd Apr, 2017 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

New Video Games Working On Older Computers Gaming Video & Issues Computer

A lot of times, I think these bigger companies are assuming consumers only want the best graphics and speed. They assume is you're paying $60+ for a game, you have the machinery needed to run it. Now, I don't necessarily agree with this, as I myself have a laptop from 2011 that I use for gaming. A lot of the times, I can play newer games at decent FPS if I play on lowest resolution and all settings on low. I can see the issue with others that won't play even under these conditions though. I guess they assume you have a console to play on if your computer can't handle it.

A lot of indie developers make games for older systems. These are usually 2D sidescrollers, but they are really fun a lot of times! Stardew Valley is one example of an amazing game that could probably run on a calculator if you wanted it to.

> TOPIC: New Video Games Working On Older Computers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,