Melodie the Hunter

Melodie Hunter - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 15th Apr, 2017 - 11:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Closed
ROK II Text RPG Character 246
12th Apr, 2017 - 3:14am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Melodie the Hunter

Melodie stands at 5'11 with long limbs, giving her a rather lanky appearance. Despite her choice of profession, Melodie's body lacks the muscle definition associated with an outdoorsman. Her skin, however, is tanned from hours spend in the sun.

Melodie's large green eyes are perhaps the most striking thing about her appearance. Her hair was plain- a drab brown color. She wears it chopped in a short and uneven style that just barely passes her ears. Melodie might be considered a beauty if she ever grew it out, but for the time being she was content to be mistaken for a pretty boy.

Becoming a hunter is only the first part of Melodie's much larger plan. The calm of the hunt provides training for both the body and mind, and she intends to hone both of these in order to become the next Ruler of kings. Her opinion of alliances is simple enough: anyone that can help advance her agenda is a friend. Anyone that tries to hinder her progress is an enemy, and must be dealt with accordingly.

Sponsored Links:
12th Apr, 2017 - 4:38am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Hunter Melodie

Advisor Description

The afternoon sun was blazing outside, making the tedium of yet another fishing job all the more unbearable for Melodie. Seeking some sort of release, she wandered into the tavern. Perhaps a meal and some company would brighten her mood. Wiping the beads of sweat from her brow, she took a seat at a vacant table. A woman's voice broke through the surrounding chatter, addressing Melodie directly.

"Eh, what's a pretty boy like you doin' in a ratty place like this?"

Great, out of all the tavern wenches in town, Melodie had to get the conversationalist. She peered up at the speaker, her exhaustion making it difficult to even feign politeness. "Food. Whatever you have." Without another word, the hunter tossed a coin at the woman, which she seemed to catch with ease.

"Not tryin' to step on any toes little mister. No need to be sour." The wench turned and went to speak to the barkeep, leaving Melodie to her own thoughts. Within five minutes, the woman had returned with a bowl of what appeared to be some sort of stew. She placed it on the tabletop, and beside it she placed a tankard. "Maybe this'll cheer you up, eh?" A gigantic smile found its way across Melodie's face. She'd been low on funds, and a free drink wasn't something she was ready to turn down.

"Thank you very much." Melodie took a large swig of the drink. It went down smooth, landing in her gut with a comforting warmth. "By the way, I'm not a boy."

The woman, oddly enough, seated herself across from the hunter. "Oh I know, just wanted to see you squirm a bit." The woman grinned wide, her tiny grey eyes scrunching up as she did. She was actually fairly young- pretty too. "Been watching you for a while, I 'ave." Melodie's grasp on her drink tightened.

"You've been watching me?" Her free hand drifted to her knife belt. "Why? For how long?" The woman leaned forward, her large bosom threatening to pour out the top of her ill-fitting dress.

"Long enough to know what ya' want. The Ruler of Kings I hear." She let out a low chuckle. "Gonna' need a lot of help gettin' that high up, eh? Lucky for you, that's why Ros is 'ere." Melodie felt the drink begin to churn in her stomach.

"How do you know about that?" She'd been careful about divulging her interest, especially among strangers.

"I know a lot o' things sweetie, and that's 'ow I'm gonna' help you. Lots o' folks loosen' their lips when they're full o' drink." Melodie breathed deeply, calming herself. She allowed her hand to drift away from her belt.

"You're going to give me information." Something wasn't adding up. "What do you have to gain from this?"

Ros spoke low, her words barely audible over the sounds of ambient conversation. "A place by your side. Gimme' that, and ya' can have all the info your little heart wants." She held out her hand expectantly. "Sound good?" Melodie pondered the deal. She had no confidants, no home, and barely enough money for her next meal. Her dreams were large, and she'd certainly need all the help she could get. Melodie reached out and wrapped her calloused hand around Ros's.

"Sounds good."

12th Apr, 2017 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Melodie the Hunter Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Reflections on your mother

Mother always had a gentle soul. In 16 years, never once did she raise her hand to strike me- even when I sorely deserved it. Instead, she preferred to use her words. Even repeated error never earned more than a gentle rebuke. This was the woman's greatest strength, and also her weakness. Children like me were never discouraged by a few careful words. Only the sting of a smack on our cheek was enough to discourage mischief. Still, mother refused to lay a hand on me in anger. Maybe that's why I'm as rotten as I am now.

Why I never stood up for the woman, I'll never understand. I remember the way Mulligan used to leer at her and lick his cracked lips as she passed. The man stunk like a hound, with greasy locks that looked as if they'd been drenched in oil. Every time he grabbed her in the middle of town, laughing like the drunk he was, I did nothing. I just watched like the stupid child I was, waiting for him to leave so I could get back to my adolescent antics. She would take my hand afterwards, chattering about what she'd prepare for dinner or some other irrelevant thing like that. It's easy to forget the way she held back the tears, putting on a strong face for her daughter.

Mother is dead, and it is time for the me to protect the things I hold dear. What happened in the past cannot be changed, but I swear if I ever see that Mulligan again, I'll slit his throat before he knows what hit him.

14th Apr, 2017 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Hunter Melodie

Reflections on your father

I don't remember much about father. Much of the time, he was off on expeditions with his men. One year, he went off and never returned. I heard secondhand about his exploits, mostly from tavern wenches and townswomen he'd spent the night with. They described him as "charming" and "a man of honor." These words meant nothing to me though- I didn't have any desire to know more about the man. He could be lounging about with exotic women, or he could be lying dead in a ditch somewhere. All I do know is that he left me in that godforsaken town to do who-knows-what with my life. If he's alive, may he have a good life somewhere far from me. If he's dead, maybe he'll serve as a meal for a family of rats. God knows he never cared to provide for his own family.

14th Apr, 2017 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Hunter Melodie

Message to Advisor

Progress is slow. It seems that I make one coin for every two that I spend. The kindly tavern-keeper (As kind as any man can hope to be) helped me find fishing work, since that seems to be the only task these people are willing to entrust to a stranger. The pay was low, but sorely needed. When I returned, a few adventurers were telling bawdy tales of their travels at one of the back tables. I listened in but had nothing to contribute, so I crept around them and made my way to the helm dealer. Although iron is better for protection, the headgear he offered was far too expensive for my taste. I settled with leather, some part of my mind figuring that the lighter weight of material justified the price. I purchased a matching set of armor and, despite my light purse, headed to the markets. In the midst of my more practical travel-related purchases, I bought a guitar. I know you will reprimand me Ros, especially seeing as I've never touched an instrument in my life. But the Ruler of Kings must be multitalented, yeah?

That being said, I can't help but feel as though I'm straying from my purpose. It's hard to feel confident when people think your a dope (I blame the artist that trusted me with a painting job, damn her). I'll be taking a wagon to an adjacent town in the morning, so maybe that will bring me the spark I need. If I remember the name sometime in the coming hours, I'll let you know. Until then, dig up some information on that painter for me.

15th Apr, 2017 - 12:17am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Melodie the Hunter

The Beauty of Lady Fluke

The gods look favorably on the lovely Lady Fluke.
The sun itself could not compare
To the hue of gold in her tresses of hair
Her lips like cherries plump and red
Have been known to turn the young caller's head
Many a maiden tries to compete
But alas they meet certain defeat
For in Fluke's eyes of ocean blue
Lie beauty to raise the dead anew
What man would take a delicate bud
When offered the chance at heaven's blood?
Her nose upturned and bosom fresh
Standing past the ages test
Proving to show that Lady Fluke's best.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Apr, 2017 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Melodie Hunter

First time in the Town

The streets were the thing that commanded my attention when I first came into town. People seemed to pour out of every street corner, each busy with his or her own agenda. It was enough to make even a social person claustrophobic. In the air hung the stench of sweat and liquor, likely a byproduct of the town's status as a stop for adventurers. I managed to spot a few of them as they made their way to the tavern, but didn't dare follow. I had barely managed to survive my trip here, sporting several fresh wounds from my brush with muggers on the road. The last thing I needed was for them to see me as a creature deserving of pity. No, if I was going to face them, it was going to be as an equal.

15th Apr, 2017 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Melodie Hunter Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post

Message to Advisor

I assume you'll remember my last report to you complaining of my lack of progress? It is with great disappointment that I tell you things have not gotten much better since then. Fishing seems to be the only thing I'm good for in this town, although I did manage to win in a single game of gallows in the Palace of Parody. That, however, was only a minor victory. I made the grievous mistake of accepting a fighting assignment from the town mystic, which I am sure you will scold me for later. The task seemed simple enough- defeat a giant ant and get paid nearly ten times what I could earn from fishing. The gods seemed to be on my side too, allowing me a few strikes at the beast before it even saw me. As it turned however, it managed to land a single strike on me. This was enough to put an end to my adventure. Ros, what followed was perhaps the single strangest thing I've ever experienced. Everything went dark, and I was certain I was dead. It was then that I heard a voice, low and inhuman, beckoning me to wake. And so I did, opening my eyes to find that I was in the middle of town. I had no idea how or why I'd been allowed to survive my encounter, but gods know I wasn't about to question this stroke of luck. I proceeded to the town mystic and requested that she grant me deliverance from whatever curse I'd been left with from my brush with death. I payed a hefty bit of coin for this service, but I'm not one to put coin over my own wellbeing.

Needless to say, its been a difficult day.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Melodie the Hunter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,