Melodie the Hunter - Page 2 of 5

Message to Advisor Coin is low once again, - Page 2 - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 20th Apr, 2017 - 9:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Closed
ROK II Text RPG Character 246
16th Apr, 2017 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Melodie the Hunter - Page 2

Meeting the townsfolk

The good thing about a town full of travelers is that no shopkeeper bothers to remember another face in the crowd. Well, Lady Fluke and the tavern keeper (I can never remember his name dammit) are the two exceptions. I suppose that's only to be expected considering the ungodly amount of time I spend at their establishments. Both are characters, perhaps that's why I haven't tired of them yet. Lady Fluke seems very much enamored by her own image. The very first task the woman entrusted to me was writing a poem praising her beauty. Even if the lady were an ogre, I'm sure the way she puts up airs would convince some gentlemen otherwise. As for the tavern keeper, the way he gawks at comely builders as they enter the establishment resembles a young maiden more than a man. Despite my disgust with the entire male sex, I can't help but be amused by his perpetual merry-making. Just yesterday I spied him tossing bits of paper at a table of young (And attractive I assume) men. When they turned in annoyance, the mischievous fiend pinned the act on one of his wenches. The men didn't seem to perturbed after that; the tavern was known for its "well-endowed" ladies. For all of his antics, the tavern keeper has a kind soul, offering me work and a cheap bed when no other soul in town would give a second glance.

I've not had the chance to meet many others in the town, although a few of them seem fine enough. Namely Bastian, who has the sense not to bother me with senseless chatter. He conducts his business and gets along with his day, the way shopkeepers are supposed to. Not like that damned artist, that sees fit to assign me a task she knows I cannot complete. I still catch people snickering behind my back when I pass through the streets, likely a result of the woman's silly prank. We'll see who laughs when I claim my place as the Ruler of Kings.

Sponsored Links:
17th Apr, 2017 - 12:10am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Hunter Melodie

Message to Advisor

Things are beginning to look up Ros. Although I've never had much talent with a pen, it seems as though my ability to write will save me from poverty. Lady Fluke is eager to enlist "scribblers" (Her word, not mine) to jot down facts of the towns history. I assume she saw me wandering about the town for more time than the average traveler and assumed I would have something contribute to her archives. The job is not unbearable, and is altogether less strenuous than fishing. That is not to say that fishing does not have its perks. For one thing, it pays actual gold. Lady Fluke's payment is made exclusively in Pretty Pebbles, a strange, albeit efficient form of currency. After my recent brush with death, only Lady Fluke's lessons have managed to lift my spirits to what it once was. I cannot sit in on them too often though, as they are costly (She charges in Pretty Pebbles, imagine that) and the woman's wordy nature proves too much to bear at times.

I can feel myself growing more by the day. My body is strong, although my mind still has some catching up to do. I know you'll tell me it comes in time, but I find that the progress I make only wets my hunger for even more progress.

17th Apr, 2017 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Melodie the Hunter Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Finding a job

When I first came to town, fishing was just about the only thing I could do. I even managed to mess that up a few times, returning with nothing to show for my hours of slaving. Still, I always managed to find work somewhere. One of the perks of an adventuring town is that there is always a need for food for weary travelers. Eventually, my efforts began to pay off. I earned the tavern master's trust and found a reliable source of work I could turn to. In my time between jobs, I occasionally find the time to brush up on my chess skills. The game, once foreign, has quickly become one of my favorite hobbies. Until I can embark on more dangerous quests, I suppose this sort of quiet existence will suffice.

18th Apr, 2017 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Page 2 Hunter Melodie

Message to Advisor

I cannot even begin to explain to you the pride one feels at beating a proud man at his own game. Charles was so sure he would win when he challenged me to a game of chess, but I was confident as well. All that down time at the tavern seems to have finally served a greater purpose. Ros, if only you'd seen the mans face as I locked the man into checkmate. His jaw went slack and the light seemed to drain from his eyes. It was simply wonderful.

19th Apr, 2017 - 1:01am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Hunter Melodie

Wish I could change this about myself

I could write for hours on my weaknesses. My flimsy arms, my quick temper, my impossibly stubborn nature; these have all caused me some degree of difficulty in the past. Above all else though, I crave the conversational skills that other travelers possess.

No man can rule without the support of the people, although a great many have tried. Fear silences the masses, but inspires rebellion in a few of the braver souls. This is a fact I've always been aware of, yet I've been powerless to do anything about my own lack of charisma. I blame it on my quiet upbringing. Although I always used to listen to the soldiers chatter as I heaved sacks of grain across the training yard, I was never taught the art of making conversation. My thoughts on paper seem grandiose, but the art of speaking is much more complex than that of writing. It's much quicker-paced, less thought-out. Many a friend has told me I have a quick wit, but they are not the throng of strangers that I will have to convince. I cannot gauge a crowd with the prowess of a king, nor can I anticipate their reaction to my words. For god's sake, even the tavern wenches know how to talk a man out of a coin or two. If I had this skill, perhaps people would not think me half the buffoon they do now.

19th Apr, 2017 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Melodie the Hunter

Message to Advisor

It was only a matter of time before I got to have some fun. Finally, after a damn YEAR of menial labor, I completed a quest- the job was courtesy of the lovely Lady Fluke. I don't know why I waited so long to approach her on the matter, as she's probably the most bearable person in this entire town. Although I'm not supposed to tell anyone this, suppose I've told good old Ros enough about my journey to share this as well: the Palace of Parody is greater than it seems. Beneath the elaborate architecture lies a labyrinth, a maze of dark corridors that lead to who-knows-where. And I explored it, living to tell the tale. I fear this may be the beginning of an addiction; how can I be expected to sit around fishing when I've experienced the adrenaline of slaying beasts (Albeit tiny ones)? Tomorrow, I'm paying Lady Fluke another visit. Stefan can find someone else to catch fish.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Apr, 2017 - 3:28am / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Melodie Hunter - Page 2

I want to be a Ruler of Kings

Call me foolish, but I still believe in a greater force- something beyond the understanding of humans. I don't think they give a damn what I do with my life, nor have I ever expected any sort of divine intervention to help me on my way. People make their choices, be they good or bad, and thrive or suffer as a result. Whatever universal power there is plays no role in my own success. On that note however, there is something to be said about the divine nature of dreams. When the mind has shut down and entered that realm of emptiness, what influences the things we see? I could very well ask some learned men and they'd probably give me some convoluted answer involving biology, the brain, and other phenomena. My own explanation is much simpler; those visions are intentionally placed there. Do I believe that these visions always mean something? Absolutely not. But I believe it very possible that although they exert no physical influence on this world, the gods, spirits, or whatever things watching are trying to guide events through desires from dreams.

The dream that I most remember happened when I was 14 years old. I was standing atop some sort of structure, looking over a throng of people. My heart pounded as a sweet sense of pride washed over my body. I was their ruler, the Ruler of Kings. They were MY people. I remember waking with wet eyes. As I rose, the tears streamed down my cheeks and a sob forced its way out from the back of my throat. The experience was cathartic, and a bit frightening. To this day, the only other time I've cried like that was when my mother died. So yes, call me foolish, but I believe my desire to be the Ruler of Kings is divine in nature. It is up to me, however, to seize what I so crave.

20th Apr, 2017 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #
ROK II
Me
Chynacat
(+)

Melodie Hunter Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post - Page 2

Message to Advisor

Coin is low once again, but I'm not feeling half as miserable as I once was. Most of my funds have gone towards training, primarily with the dagger. I know swordplay seems like a much nobler pursuit, but I've never been fond of the weapon's weight. Daggers are much less cumbersome and offer the opportunity for quick attacks. Perhaps when I can afford it, I'll purchase training in archery. Long-range combat seems too practical to pass on, especially given my choice of profession. As soon as I can afford the trip, I'm leaving the town in search of more work. Lady Fluke has no more quests for me, so there is very little binding me to this place and its sleepy streets. As soon as I arrive safely, I will contact you with my next plans.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Melodie the Hunter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,