3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation - Page 2 of 42

I should have been more clear. Mage's - Page 2 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 16th Apr, 2017 - 4:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (42) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Create your Character here. Your Character is based on your real life stats. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation - Page 2

I think for ease I'm going to be human… I know how to be a human. Here are my stats:

Strength 14
Dexterity 16
Con 17
Int 14
Wisdom 11
Charisma 13

I have two or three routes to go here and I think I'm going to go with a Ranger or a Rogue. That probably most closely aligns with my actual skill sets. Issues being, with that low Wisdom score I'm not sure how well Ranger will work. Still, that's what this game is about. My other option is Rogue, but I think we're going to need the combat power of a Ranger. What I'm more than likely going to do is multi-class when the time comes as a Ranger/Rogue… yup, not the strongest combo, but this is about playing ourselves not min/maxing. If we absolutely don't have a fighter I could go that route, though I rarely do.

On another note, we all seem to think we aren't the wisest group in the world. I wonder if it is a human trait to estimate one's wisdom as on the low side and we look critically at all the poor decisions we've made in our lives.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Looks good there Abinninja. Now all you need to do is get the Character sheet going on yourself. I think it all set up you just need to spend the FP.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Just logging on for the day and catching up with everything! I will start my character sheet in a minute.

With KN's suggestions and the minor tweaks others have gone with, I'll have:
Strength - 9
Dexterity - 12
Con - 9 (I do tend to be a little sickly; I didn't want to raise it a whole lot).
Int - 13
Wisdom - 16
Charisma - 14.

I want to run a cleric but I also want to use a rapier.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'll just be a paladin.

Reconcile Edited: Nightlain on 15th Apr, 2017 - 8:03pm

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

You can be a cleric and use a rapier Look at the gods and choose the god that has a weapon that you like. Most clerics of your chosen god will carry the weapon the god uses and be proficient with it.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

So, I am a little stuck. Most of the deities who use rapiers seemed to be chaotic or evil, so I had to go a little out of the box and pick Alcyone, which is why I went with a half-elf.

According to the rules for clerics, in order to use the weapon of my deity (Rapier) I need a domain in War. But I also read that I need to pick two domains specific to my deity. On the other hand, I think there is a feat to use the weapon of my deity or the weapon of my choice. The Cleric domains are really confusing me. Also I'm having a difficult time finding a guide that doesn't jump all over. I'm still definitely a beginner and the last time I had some very experienced players who helped me, so I'm terribly sorry if my questions are bothersome.

I also sent a message to an old friend on facebook, so hopefully that will clear things up for me too. Or confuse me more. We will see.
(EDIT: He said if I play just a normal elf I'll get a free profession with rapiers. I'll cross-check that soon.).

Reconcile Edited: Nightlain on 16th Apr, 2017 - 12:02am

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2017 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

All righty then, I think I'm done for the moment.

Went ahead and activated 2 gems. #2 requires Dungeon Master judgement.

Also have a request to make for a fluff benefit. Picked up the Shape Soulmeld feat, and grabbed Mage's Spectacles with it. Now, the main benefit of doing this are bonuses to various skills. But there is another reason for Jason the character to pursue being able to summon spectacles. I'm nearsighted, over 20/50 in both eyes. I'd most likely show up in this new world with contacts in my eyes, but no replacements and no backup glasses. Could the Mage's Spectacles in character be said to correct vision?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 16th Apr, 2017 - 3:13am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Apr, 2017 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Creation - Page 2

Nighttrain I do not force clerics to have the war domain to have the weapon of thier god. Just remember you will not have a rapier when you get to the new world Just the normal everyday stuff you normally leave the house with. Just keep it in mind of what you wish for the future. Same with you Daishan no mage spectacles until you can buy them or find them you will have to deal with the contacts some way until you can find something that will help you.

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2017 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 2

I should have been more clear. Mage's Spectacles are a kind of Incarnum soulmeld (Book: Magic of Incarnum if you want to get more familiar). Essentially a soulmeld is an item the wearer shaped out of thin air and that is composed of raw magic, though it is bound to the shaper, it can't be passed around like a real object.

The Shape Soulmeld feat allows you to shape and use a single such chosen item. There's nothing to find or buy, it is available if the user was stark naked in the desert.

Now, that stated, I suspect that the effect of this feat will not be available right away either, as there would likely be a learning period to figure out these new abilities in this new world. I am asking for later on, when my character is figuring out, "Hey! Maybe I can try this?!"

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (42) »

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.