3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 3 of 616

Out of Character: I will post a good update - Page 3 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Apr, 2017 - 3:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 2:17am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 3

I laugh at the joke and take out my almost useless iPhone to use as a mirror. "I do seem to have lost some gray, and it's a bit thicker on top. You're the engineer, can you think of any explanation for any of this? Black hole? Mass hysteria? Shared dreams? Taken prisoner by the bad guys and this is what I concocted in my head to endure the torture?" I look at them both, "How long do we wait?"

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 18th Apr, 2017 - 2:18am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I consider a bit, "Well, believe it or not, there might be something of a partial explanation. We seem to have stepped onto another world in a mere moment. Most of the theoretical means of such travel involve punching a hole in the fabric of the universe. By definition, stepping through such a hole involves traveling through time, not just space, since the fabric I spoke of is composed of time as well as the spatial dimensions we're used to."

"That said, I wouldn't expect that to youthen a traveler, especially not just one of the three such travelers we know, and especially while leaving your recent memories intact. But we're dealing with things that are very much theoretical. We know very little about what might be possible in such cases, and frankly it is far from my field to begin with."

"I find it more likely that whatever intelligence brought us here did this deliberately. That you aren't actually younger, some of the effects of aging have simply been reversed. That is definitely doable, heck our own doctors are only five or ten years from being able to do the job themselves."

"If that's the case though, then whatever is responsible probably did it because they want us at least relatively physically fit, which has interesting implications on its own."

I shake myself and continue, "Sorry, I tend to ramble a bit when nervous, or excited for that matter, and I must admit to being both right now. As to waiting, maybe another fifteen minutes? Anyone we end up leaving because they arrived after that will probably head to the castle too, just thinking it would be best to discuss this together and arrive as a group if there are more coming right behind us."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Apr, 2017 - 3:43am

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 11:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I listen intently, "Well, all those words are definitely English but when you string them together the way you did it may just as well be Greek. So, I'll just take you at your word. The thing that concerns me is when you say physically fit. Why? For what purpose? Will you and I be gladiators Jason? And what of Rachel? Okay, I'm completely disoriented and anything I come up with at this point will be negative. It's my training kicking in; think about and be prepared for the worst and if you're really lucky the best'll happen… just don't count on it. Fifteen minutes eh? Okay." I reach my hand to shake both Jason's and Rachel's hands, "By the way, it's nice to meet you both in the flesh. I think Cratol and Poljen are going to miss us in your game Daish… uhm, Jason."

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I shake Dennis' hand, trying to remember the appropriate amount of force for such, "It is nice to meet you as well. The simple version is it might be a side effect of the travel, but I think it is more likely you got the fountain of youth spa treatment by whoever brought us here."

"That said, to be frank, I'm having a hard time coming up with a positive reason for this myself."

"I don't think this is a matter of gladiator matches, or even a "The Most Dangerous Game" scenario, else they'd have either picked people already suited to fight, or young enough to be trained for the purpose. That or they just picked poorly, at least in my case."

"At the moment, I am thinking this is something of a nature preserve. Or to put it less kindly, a zoo. For that, they'd need stable individuals willing and able to work together to keep the group alive, which does seem to fit our description."

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 1:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

" Nice to meet you as well Dennis. Those games will definitely notice us being gone. " Walking around a little I study the castle. " Well, no signs of life so far besides the cows. I won't lie. This scares the hell out of me. Anything or anyone that has the power to snatch us out of the time and place we were in and bring us here… For what purpose? That is the worrisome question. "

I look all around at the surroundings. " This reminds me of a book I read. Timeline. A group of people travelled back in time to the Middle Ages. It was interesting." Realizing my throat is dry from nervousness I take a drink from my water bottle. " Water anyone? Always important to stay hydrated. " I try to grin but it turns to a worried frown.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 18th Apr, 2017 - 1:51pm

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

"I found the book quite interesting as well, but if I recall correctly, several of the characters in Timeline died, and the rest barely escaped with their lives thanks to a recall device. We don't even have that luxury. I think that it would be best to assume that our survival is in question."

"Be careful with that water, based on the looks of this place, I don't think we'll have trouble finding more, but until we do… "

I pause as I realize I am probably not being reassuring, "Um, but don't worry too much. We need to be cautious, but there's been no sign of a threat so far. If we stay together I'm sure we can deal with most things."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Apr, 2017 - 2:46pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 3:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 3

Seeing and hearing the nervous laughter and looks from both Jason and Rachel, I realize these are not members of his SF ODA. I need to stop treating them as such and talking about the negatives or worst case scenarios. It's time to raise morale. "Well, on the plus side, anyone or anything powerful enough to bring us here and do this could hurt us quite easily and hasn't. Jason is right, we can handle whatever is coming our way. I think we've been brought here for some specific purpose…something they need help with and that they think we can do. So, we seem to be the A-team. How much longer do ya'll want to wait?"

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 18th Apr, 2017 - 3:03pm

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 3

Out of Character: I will post a good update to this game later on today if we get anymore people or not. I would say it is safe for you to move towards the roadway. This way you are not standing around being eyed by the cattle *smile*.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (616) »

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.