3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 12 of 129

Chalk was on the list, I guess I did do okay - Page 12 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Apr, 2017 - 10:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 129 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  ...Latest (129) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 25th Apr, 2017 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 12

That's what I was thinking. Those horses will save us quite a bit of time, and possibly a good amount of trouble as well.

As to crafting, I don't know what Kn has in mind, but by default, its a weekly check (Or daily if not working on a committed basis) Pass the check and make progress, fail by 4 or less and don't make progress, fail by 5 or more and not only does one not make progress, half of the materials are ruined and must be replaced.

The items in question have a DC of 20. I have a skill modifier of 8 at present, had originally planned to use masterwork tools (+2) and take 10 to auto-succeed at the check.

Take 10 is apparently a no go however, so I'll want to boost my check in other ways to minimize the chance of failure. Get it up to a +15, and the only thing I risk wasting is time. If I can get my basic artificer stuff awakened, I can self buff the skill for a +2 (12 total). Might be someone around here that can do Fox's Cunning, which would provide another +2. The castle smith might be willing to Aid Another on the important bits, providing yet another +2. There are a couple other methods, but I'm drawing a blank on such stuff we can access right now.

If anyone has any other ideas to boost intelligence or craft skill, I'd be glad to hear them.

EDIT: Further suggestions for the shopping list, frankly, a single jar of shapesand could replace much of the list and do more besides, but that's expensive and unlikely to be found offhand

Things I think we need:
-Masterwork Smith's Tools 55 gp (Big chunk of the funds, sorry, but its a tool I rather need, ignore if the smith's tools are already this quality)
-3 backbacks 6 gp
-3 bedrolls 0.3 gp
-3 waterskins 3gp
-10 square yard canvas 1gp (Never go without a good tarp if you have the space for it)
-flint and steel 1gp (Or other firestarting device)
-rope (10gp per 50' for the good stuff, 1gp per 50' for hemp)
-trail rations (0.5 gp per person per day, I suspect we won't have trouble finding food, this is backup for when it goes pearshaped)

Things that are both quite useful and cheap
-block and tackle 5gp
-caltrops 1gp
-chalk 0.01gp per piece
-candle 0.1gp
-fishhook 0.1gp
-spade/shovel 2gp
-steel mirror 10 gp
-signal whistle 5 gp
-crowbar 2gp
-clearwater tablet 1gp (Instant and perfect filtering of 1 gallon of water)
-earplugs 0.3gp
-Expandable pole 5gp (11' pole that doesn't make you question how it is carried around.)
-Flour Pouch 0.4 gp (Potential fuel air bomb, but much more likely use is as a very cheap anti invisibility)
-Piton 1gp (Climbing spike, has a few other uses)
-sack 0.3
-candle wick 0.2gp (Comes in 50' segments, useable as twine, tripwire, fishing line, and even a timer fuse)
-whetstone 0.02gp.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 26th Apr, 2017 - 1:03am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Apr, 2017 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Yes you will get +2 for using masterwork tools and your +8 for your crafting skill so a total of +10 the DC is still a 20. You will roll once per week to see how you do. IF you fail badly (5 or over) you ruin the piece and have to start over. If you fail just a little (Under 5) you will not gain any headway and add another week to the task. If you succeed by +7 or more you can take a week off as you made impressive headway.

Does this work for you Jason?

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2017 - 1:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

It does work indeed.

For some odd reason though I'd like to reduce my chances of failure below 45%

In regards to the possibility of the other smith using the Aid Another action, would he just need to be there for critical moments, or the whole process? Kind of makes the difference between a major imposition and a "Hey can you lend a hand for a few?" tongue.gif.

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2017 - 1:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 12 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

If you are going to use him as a aid to help your chances he will have to be there and watching your every movement like you are an apprentice in a apprenticeship. That would cost you at least 1,000 gold per level.

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2017 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

We'll just have to fix there apparently being no pulley systems around here, never know when effectively multiplying pull strength by three or four can come in handy. And lord douglas' people will want the things even more than us tongue.gif

In any case, Dennis, you're the trained survivalist here, no input on the list?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 26th Apr, 2017 - 9:57pm

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2017 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I will be working on getting you a map of the area so you can see where you are and what you may be encountering. Basically you are in a moderately to heavy forested hilly untamed area. You can encounter pretty much anything. This whole area is considered hostile. Think of the being the first people on a planet that yes has humans, elves, dwarves and other nomads but in small enough numbers that most have not met the others as of yet.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Apr, 2017 - 10:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 12

No, you covered it quite well. Do they have compasses here? That would be my addition to the list but I think a Ranger and a Druid could probably get us back by talking to the trees, the animals, and the dire wolf we have for company. Ah, chalk to mark things is also something we may need. I don't remember if that was on the list. In truth, we should be able to find chalk rocks in the forests.

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2017 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 12

Chalk was on the list, I guess I did do okay then.

Compasses are around, but expensive. 100 gp I think.

If we really want it, we could snag a lodestone, needle, and cork.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.