Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock

+  1 2 
17th Apr, 2017 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

Playing A Role-playing Character With Extreme Attributes

What about playing a character where you have the best of one attribute the worst of the other until all attributes are filled. That can be very entertaining. For example, 18 strength but 3 dexterity. 18 intelligence but 3 wisdom, etc.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Attributes Extreme Character Role-playing Playing

So I've never gone to this extreme, but I have been GM when someone played a character with a very high dexterity and low (Around six) strength that was a… wait for it… fighter. Yup, and he played it well. He'd say things like, "Strength is only for the weak." He built everything around his dexterity. What a great memory.

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Playing A Role-playing Character With Extreme Attributes Reviews RPG & Card Board

While I have not had a character like this I had a friend who played a half orc with a 18 Strength and a 3 constitution. It was very interesting to say the least. Every time he got hit he had to save or fall down in agony.

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I have a hard time doing exceptionally low attributes. I feel like either I forget about it beyond mechanical impact, or I exaggerate it.

19th Apr, 2017 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

For me the game will end up moving very slow or rather the main goal will be hard to accomplish because very low attributes will cause your character to do something really stupid or be the brunt of some social dislike that you always have to resolve things before you can even get on with the adventure. Imagine always breaking things, or insulting the barkeeper or being hideous to look at. All those things will draw a negative response.

24th Apr, 2017 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #

This will make for a very funny game but as a Dungeon Master it will be hard to track all the mishaps that come from such low scores. There is plenty room for everything to go wrong and for all NPCs to react to it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Apr, 2017 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Playing Role-playing Character Extreme Attributes

Yeah, having one character with low extreme scores isn't bad, and then only if a couple are extreme, not all of them. But to have multiple characters like this would be a horror as the Dungeon Master. I mean, you'd have to make sure the players role play their characters correctly and keeping up with that would be a bear.

14th Jul, 2017 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

Playing Role-playing Character Extreme Attributes Board Card & RPG Reviews

One attribute in the extreme is good enough in my opinion, when you have too many it gets kind of hard to deal with and properly roleplay.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Playing A Role-playing Character With Extreme Attributes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,