Dungeon Master As A Player In A Role-playing Game - Page 2 of 2

Yes, I could see doing it with revolving characters. - Page 2 - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 6:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock

+  1 2 
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

Dungeon Master As A Player In A Role-playing Game
A Friend

Dungeon Master As A Player In A Role-playing Game - Page 2

I guess it is the same thing Ninja. I look at NPC's as a short term person that won't be around that long. Npc's don't typically get an even split of the treasure. A DMPC would get a full share in whatever loot is found.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 22nd Apr, 2017 - 3:34pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 4:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-playing In Player As Master Dungeon

Yes there is the loot to consider regarding a NPC vice a DMPC. Okay, I can see this. Still, for me this would just be too difficult. I don't think I could handle it as a Dungeon Master without hurting the game. But that is just me.

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeon Master As A Player In A Role-playing Game Reviews RPG & Card Board

It helps if you add just a little bit to obtained loot. The standard PCs still get what they'd obtain on their own.

I would also strongly suggest that any DMPCs be revolving characters. Bring them in to help with a task, and then they disappear. Bring in another only when appropriate.

Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Game Role-playing In Player As Master Dungeon

Yes, I could see doing it with revolving characters. I've done that before but I never considered them PCs and there were many more times when the group was on its own. But they were recurring characters that would flit in and out of the group on occasion.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Dungeon Master As A Player In A Role-playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,