Creative Ways To Stop Users From Hacking Client-side Games

Creative Ways Stop Users Hacking Client-side - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 28th Apr, 2017 - 6:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th Apr, 2017 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

One of the downsides of having a game run from the client-end (Your browser or your plugin) has to do with manipulation of the score before it is sent back to the server and saved.

We have a Flash based Arcade here that was disabled due to that same problem. While, I do not recount any Member cheating at a game the possibility always exists to the one who will try.

Flash has also gone under more security and is no longer packaged with browsers, in fact some browsers such as Chrome do not support it.

Now, there are HTML5 games that count heavily on javascript and are just as 'hackable' as their older Flash counterparts. So while more people will be able to play those I am still with the original problem: how to stop people from hacking the score.

What has been your creative idea?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: Fri Apr 19 15:08:51 GMT 2024 / Post ID: #

Add Comment
My thoughts on creative ways to stop users from hacking clientside games needs more feedback now to understand creative ways to stop understanding so I can decide for myself.

> TOPIC: Creative Ways To Stop Users From Hacking Client-side Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,