Spooklion Introduction - Page 2 of 2

I didn't scare you off now did I? - Page 2 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 20th May, 2017 - 9:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 19th May, 2017 - 3:22am / Post ID: #

Spooklion Introduction
A Friend

Spooklion Introduction - Page 2

Well, I believe that it was 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons. The character sheets (From what I know) look exactly like general 5e sheets, so the most likely guess is that it was 5e.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th May, 2017 - 3:36am / Post ID: #

Spooklion Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Spooklion

Ah, in that caseā€¦

There are two 5E games ongoing at present. One is run by the very creative Aericsteele. The other is run by yours truly.

By comparison to the other editions, 5E is simple and easy to learn. The others are a bit more difficult to pick up. However, 3.5/Pathfinder may hold some particular appeal to you, as they have a lot more variety in terms of character options. I might suggest looking into the possibility of learning those over time.

For the immediate moment, the current 5E games, for your perusal: Source 9i Source 1l.

EDIT: Oh, also, just to confirm we have the right edition. 5E is unique in that it has a single proficiency number (Starts at +2, goes up to +6) which gets added to attacks, saves and skills where applicable. Sound familiar?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 19th May, 2017 - 3:38am

Post Date: 19th May, 2017 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

Spooklion Introduction
A Friend

Spooklion Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Yeah, that kind of sounds familiar. Something like a character being skilled in Exploration, and getting +5 for trying to find your way out of an area

If that's what you are talking about, then we are definitely on the right track.

Post Date: 19th May, 2017 - 4:29am / Post ID: #

Spooklion Introduction
A Friend

Page 2 Introduction Spooklion

If by exploration you mean the Survival skill, that would seem to be it.

In any case, a quick intro into how Play By Post games are handled on these boards.

Most games have three different threads, one reserved for the actual game, one for character creation and updates, and one for out of character discussions and questions to the dungeon master. Both Aericsteele and I have seen fit to add a fourth to that list, a thread devoted to in character stuff that falls outside of the main story continuity.

When ready to join a game, head to the character creation thread and start discussing the concept.

Fair warning, joining a game is something of a commitment. It isn't fair to either the one running it or those you play with to leave everyone hanging, especially without notice. Your character will be phased out if it becomes a major problem, though we're generally understanding of life's foibles getting in the way.

As a general rule of thumb, if you cannot see yourself posting around once a day on average, it might be best to hold off.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 19th May, 2017 - 4:37am

Post Date: 20th May, 2017 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

Spooklion Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Spooklion

I didn't scare you off now did I?

Such was not my intent. Let us know if we can help with anything.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Spooklion Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,