Beyond The Wall And Other Adventures

Beyond Wall Adventures - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 28th May, 2017 - 5:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue

+  1 2 
Best of  Over Wall Other Adventures
27th May, 2017 - 12:25am / Post ID: #

international QUOTE
"Your small village seems like a haven to you and your friends, but it is not safe.
Dangerous faeries lurk in the forest just outside of town, wicked men and ferocious monsters are a constant threat, and sometimes dark forces find their way into your neighbors’ hearts. You and your companions are young and untested, but ready to protect what matters."

Over the Wall and Other Adventures is a OSR/Retro style Role-playing Game which uses as its base system the old Dungeons & Dragons Basic and Expert rules though with a few twists. It is a roleplaying game which cuts the prep work and complexity of so many other games such as Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder, a kit allowing a group of players to take the roles of a gang of childhood friends setting off on their very first adventure. Untried and untested, they will need to help save their village from the dangers that lurk beyond the walls of their home.

Within are playbooks, a quick and easy way of generating characters by making a number of rolls which also allow players to build their characters while weaving together the backstories and even build the very village they call home. Placing on the map the homes or structures of those which are mentioned in their playbooks and deciding where everything goes. Once the players have interwoven their characters' backstories and even discussed the make up of the village or those within, the adventure may begin as they lead the characters' on their first ever adventure and perhaps more to come.

Better still, Over the Wall and Other Adventures is structured as such that once the characters reach a certain level the GM and players can continue their adventurers using AD&D, Dungeons & Dragons, or Pathfinder system without too much effort. That they may "Graduate" their characters from youth and childhood friends to seasoned adventurers who set out away from their home to lands far beyond. There is admittedly, also another method of continuing the adventures by way of Beyond the Wall: Further Afield but that could be discussed elsewhere.

Beyond The Wall And Other Adventures (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 12:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Adventures Other Wall Beyond

Well, this will be an interesting read. Oh wait, I already have and am wanting to try it out. If enough interest is shown, how about we set up a game?

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Beyond The Wall And Other Adventures Reviews RPG & Card Board

Color me interested as well.

I do have to voice a note of concern however. Thomas, your participation in games has been a little sporadic, are you certain you are up to Dungeon Mastering?

I mean no offense by that, I just hope you're prepared.

27th May, 2017 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

A concern that I myself have considered, so I appreciate your worry of whether or not I'm in a position to Dungeon Mastering a campaign. My activity has been all over the place, that definitely cannot be denied.

Yet I'm confident that I can get this to work, as my activity is up and looking forward I don't see anything that would really get in the way of me being able to post every day. I just need to make sure I can put in an hour or two aside each day for posting.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th May, 2017 - 2:27am

27th May, 2017 - 3:43am / Post ID: #

This looks very interesting and promising. It reminds me of a 14th century alternate Earth campaign I wanted to create.

It also sounds like a Cthulhu Vikings campaign I played in where we started off as teenagers and ended up beating Cthulhu back to sleep. But that was in the Basic Role-playing system which can seem like an unfair system and gives you skill points as time progresses in the campaign (And also per adventure).

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 4:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Right then, so, what kind of campaign do you have in mind?

Any particular restrictions for character creation or special rules?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th May, 2017 - 5:02am / Post ID: #

Beyond Wall Other Adventures

Pretty the game as is, the players being able to pick from any of the playbooks provided in the core book as well Beyond the Wall: Heroes Young and Old. The only restriction being that no playbook can be chosen more then once.

Players would need to get a pdf copy of Beyond the Wall and Other Adventures, which is $6.79, with the other resources being Pay What You Want… which technically means you could have them be free. I would offer they get Beyond the Wall - Heroes Young and Old.

There are a few choices for the campaign, with many adventures to choose from though the ones I am considering are the following.
---

The Angered Fae, where someone or something has greatly angered the faerie court in the forest near the village. Which brings the fae to sow discord among the characters' friends and family, with village life turned on its head. Where the young friends must find a way to appease or coerce the fae in order to sort out the mess.

The Hidden Cult, where ones' little village has become home to something unnatural and tainted. Strange events have led the young friends to suspect the presence of dark magics, and they no longer know whom to trust. It is left to them to determine the nature of the corruption and free their neighbors from the sway of the forces of Chaos.

The Goblin Infestation, where dark creatures from legend have been sighted in the village, and their wicked handiwork is everywhere. While many in town do not believe that the danger is great, the young friends have witnessed the works of these monsters firsthand. But why are they attacking the village? Why are they seen again in the lands of men?

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th May, 2017 - 11:25pm

Post Date: 28th May, 2017 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Beyond Wall Other Adventures Board Card & RPG Reviews

The hidden cult sounds interesting.

Okay, so we have 2, maybe 3 interested. Think we can swing a few more?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Beyond The Wall And Other Adventures

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,