Calis the Swordsman

Calis Swordsman - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 17th Jun, 2017 - 12:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Closed
ROK II Text RPG Character 273
Post Date: 16th Jun, 2017 - 11:11pm / Post ID: #

Calis the Swordsman
A Friend

Calis the Swordsman

Calis stands 176cm tall with a slim and athletic body. Not overly muscular like a Bodybuilder or wrestler, more like a modern decathlete.
He has blue eyes and black hair that he wears just a little bit longer than usual for a swordsman.
His skin is weathered from long days out in the woods.
Calis has Chosen to join the army for in the harsh world we all live in the only thing that keeps you and your loved ones save is the tip of your sword.
He keeps his word as best as he can, and for now doesnt intend to become a Ruler of Kings.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jun, 2017 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Calis the Swordsman
A Friend

Swordsman Calis

Advisor Description

After the death of his beloved mother Calis was left alone and astray with no Family or relatives to turn to. He managed to get by by himself and stayed in his parenents homestead, tending to the few crops and animals they possessed, and turning to a Little bit of poaching to feed his belly.

A few months later he skinned a deer behind his hut when he saw a small Company of soldiers, about a dozen he guessed, move to his home.

He was panicked. He was all bloody from the deer, and if they found him like this he would be in real trouble.
So Calis took down the deer, threw a blanket over the animal hoping noone would notice and jumped into the small pond his father had made for his mother as she loved to be close to water in the evening.

There the soldiers found him.

Their captain, a tall man with a black mustache with some streaks of white in it, came forth and said:
"What do we have here my lads? A Boy? Or a fish?"
"Guess its a Boy sirrah. Too clumsy for a fish" answered an old soldier, an eyepatch over his left eye.
The soldiers laughed.
"True Sarge, very true… " said the captain with a little mean smile. "Hey you there! Do you happen know a Young man named Calis? Son of Boregaar? I reckon he should live somewhere around here in this godforsaken forest."
Calis froze in place. All he could think of was the deer under the blanket the man was standing next to and what would certainly happen if they found it.
"Emm… yes sir. He lives a few miles from here, only about half an hours walk, just turn back to the old road and then right to Cerrinvale. Cant miss it!"
"Aha. Well, then I will leave you to your… bathing young man." the captain turned, then stopped. "Although… are you sure about that? Someone very important wants me to look for him and bring him to town… you wouldn't lie to a kings officer would you laddie? And get outta that pool!"
"... No sir. Definitly not.... But if I may, why do you look for him? I mean… I don't want him to get into trouble… "
Calis slowly made it to the edge of the Pond, looking for a way to run. But those soldiers had fanned out a bit - it would be a close call.
"Sure you don't boy… sure you dont. But don't worry. Its a more personal matter - I promised to look for him and teach him the ropes if his father could not do so himself.." the captains face turned a bit, like he remembered something.
"You were sent by my.... "
"Yes son. Names Colin. Colin Farstrider. And we need to talk."
He threw a blanked to Calis.
"Oh, Sarge?".
"Yessah?".
"Am I mistaken, or does it smell like fresh deer here?"
"It indeed does Sir!".
"I suggest you find that deer then and put it to good use Sarge"
The captain grinned and his men laughed as Calis caught the blanket and followed the captain into his home.
------------------------------
Colin Farstrider is an officer in the towns guard - not a watchman, more a soldier looking for bandits in the woods and such stuff. He does have a wife and two kids.
He is an old friend of Calis father, whom he promised to take care of his wife and son if he fell in battle.
He is true to his word and want to see his friends son succeed. He will try to help him along, but he thinks a man should choose his own path, so he lets Calis make his own decisions.
He hopes Calis grows up to be a man his friend would be proud of.

Calis is a bit afraid of this seasoned Veteran, but he does need Colins help and he wants to know what happened to his father.
The relationship could either become less and less important as Calis gets more independent and confident or they could also become much closer, a Scholar/Mentor relationship or even something like a father Substitute (Calis didnt see his father much in his youth, him beeing a professional soldier and all).

> TOPIC: Calis the Swordsman

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,