Robertreaper Introduction

Robertreaper Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 2nd Jul, 2017 - 7:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Closed
Post Date: 1st Jul, 2017 - 5:49am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I'm Dungeon Mastering my groups first run of 5th edition, so we are all learning it together.

I'm looking to PC with another 5th ed group so that I can have a better feel of the player's side to understand the system more.
Willing to play fill for an existing group.

Since I'm new here I should probably mention my previous experience.

I started playing Dungeons & Dragons around 14 with second edition. My Dungeon Master was my brother and I was the only player so I would often run multiple characters at the same time.

I joined a Dungeons & Dragons group in high school and have mostly played with them for the last 15+ years. I still join them to game every other weekend, through the members have changed over the years.

I have both PC'd and Dungeon Master'd several campaigns from 2nd to 5th editions, including Pathfinder. I have played in a number of worlds, but my favorite is Eberron.

Right now I'm Dungeon Mastering a self converted 5th edition version of 2nd edition's Wizard's Challenge.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Jul, 2017 - 9:54am / Post ID: #

Middle Ages Facts

Introduction Robertreaper

Welcome Dungeons & Dragons Role-Player

Welcome Adventurer! We bid thee greetings and we're glorified by thy declaration to be part and parcel of good adventuring.

For thy knowledge all Dungeons & Dragons Role-playing Games are kept here: [+] Dungeons & Dragons / Pathfinder Board. To learn the 1-2-3 steps for Dungeons & Dragons Play by Post then go straight to the Dungeons & Dragons Start Guide where a sage has posted steps to follow.

Don't worry young master, there is also another Thread for thy consideration: How To Find The Role-playing Game That Fits Me?. Yet, if ye still be havin' questions do ask here, thy Introduction Thread, and someone will address thee.

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2017 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Robertreaper Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Welcome to our site! We currently have a 5e game with openings. It's Daishain's 5e game. It's a great game and we are at a pausing point now so it's a great time to join. Hope to see you around!

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2017 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Indeed, you can find it here Source 4z

Let me know if the game is to your liking, or if there is anything else we can do for you.

We could also use another active Dungeon Master if you decide you like it here, though I would suggest holding off on that decision for a bit.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 1st Jul, 2017 - 11:19pm

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2017 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I just read the opening post for that campaign and I'm hooked. I am definitely interested in joining.

Just a few questions. What level would my character be? How do I join the party? Am I someone new to the quest? Was I one of the unaffiliated people that was there at the start of the quest? Am I member of the group's organization? Etc, etc.

The character that had in my mind when I came to this site was a rogue cleric. He started his life as a man for hire, a rogue that cared only about cash. He would work for those who are good and those who are evil with an equal disinterest. As long as coin hit his hand he was good.

Then, while working on a job, he was travelling with a group that had a paladin of the god of light (Unsure which god that is). They became friends over the journey and learned about the paladin's god. He realized that their was more to life than just money. That there is more to doing good things, then just the act of it. That there was a better way to live his life.

After that quest ended the group asked him to stay on. Though honored, he had to turn them down. He had decided to take up the word of the god of light (Insert name here, *laugh*) and he has spend the last several years learning the way of the cleric.

He has recently left the temple to embark on his quest. He didn't abandon his rogue knowledge and skill at the temple. He embraced them. He learned how to meld the two aspects of himself into one.

His quest is to find others like himself. To pull them away from the lure of money and to show them that there is a better way. And he knows that most will be found on the adventuring circuit. So he signs up for quest and missions wherever he may go.

He acts as a scout and trap disarmer. He heals when others are harmed, he supports the group. But he is no longer indiscriminate on which quest he does. He will no longer do evil. He only seeks to do good and will attempt to aid all those he can; knowing that some can simply not be saved.

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2017 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

Hi Robertreaper! Nice to have you here. One of the players or the Dungeon Master will be along soon to answer you. In the mean time feel free to also get into our in-house custom game: ROK II Role-playing Game which can be played at anytime.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2017 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Check the top of that first post you just read, there are links to threads that will answer most of the questions. One of them is also the thread you'll want to do character generation in.

Short version, you'l start at level six. You'll need to be someone new, most of the non party members there at the beginning are dead or scattered, a lot has happened since then.

Couple of ways to slot you in. The two that come to mind first given your character description are as an associate of the Harpers, or you came to see Geoffroy, a PC cleric of Lathander, the god of light you mentioned.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 2nd Jul, 2017 - 6:29pm

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2017 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Robertreaper Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

The Harpers seem likely. I'm okay with either being a member or being someone they ask to help. They are both fine.

Why would they send me?
What gear/money do I start with?
What do I know about the group and their quest before I meet them?

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Robertreaper Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,