Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - OCD

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Ocd - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 27th Feb, 2017 - 1:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 4th Sep, 2008 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

Obsessive-compulsive Disorder

How can someone recognize if they have Obsessive-compulsive Disorder?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Sep, 2008 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

OCD Disorder Compulsive Obsessive

If they are obsessed about order to the point they get very angry about wether things get out of line or not.

I have a marine buddy of mine that I used to go into his house and rearrange things a little. It drove him nuts to the point that he would spend hours rerearangeing things. Even the things I didn't touch. Could be a territory thing to.

He would look me up and down and say stuff like "your shoe laces are off center" and "your shave is lopsided". He wont take his eyes off anything that doesn't look right. He has re tied my shoes, fixed my collar. It is rather uncomfortable at times.

I stopped rearranging stuff after he threatened to kill me if I ever did again.

One of my favorite serries is monk on T.V.

But it doesn't appear to be a all that funny disorder. There are varying degrees of it. We might all be a little OCD.

I have had other problems and this is a disoder I wish I had more of.

Reconcile Edited: Quasar on 5th Sep, 2008 - 2:12am

5th Sep, 2008 - 6:26am / Post ID: #

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - OCD Health & Special Psychology

Most people with obsessive compulsive disorder do not usually recognize it in themselves. Even though it is called a disorder, unless it becomes disruptive to their life, most people with OCD will do just fine. They may drive others nuts at times but they usually are super organized and get a lot done. It is only when it begins to interfere with their day to day routine or perhaps relationships or work that it becomes a problem.

5th Sep, 2008 - 11:40am / Post ID: #

Interestingly enough, we can look at this from another angle: what others perceive as being obsessive compulsive disorder in someone else may actually just be the attitude of "enforcement" or "straightforwardness" or something similar where you believe in keeping things the way they are supposed to be.

For instance, is a policeman giving you a ticket because you broke the law suffering from OCD just because you think he should be lenient and let you off the hook? Conversely, I think at the opposite spectrum is obsessive lazy disorder or obsessive rebel disorder where you believe that it is your job to do quite the opposite of keeping things in order - maybe there is a term for that. My son has ADHD characteristics and he can be OCD in some things and quite the opposite in others, it is largely about his perception of the world. I believe the "normal" adults also suffer from this. An employee who is always late for work may think his boss is OCD because he wants him to come on time, but who really has the problem, the boss or the employee?

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2012 - 1:30pm / Post ID: #

OCD

I am a RN and my OCD went very very bad after my son was born. Still unable to work. I was on Luvox 300mg and a 75 daily. I have been very inconsistent with the meds because they make me so tired. I just started Prozac 20mg today....any suggestions I have been seeing a CBT therapist but nothing works for me. I'm struggling with Germaphobia which focuses on blood and hit and run OCD. I do not need to be normal but it would be nice to be able to drive my kids to the park without circling for hours....
Source: Mental Help Net Questions and Answers

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2016 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Study points to fast-acting drug for OCD

A single brain receptor is responsible for a range of symptoms in mice that are reminiscent of obsessive-compulsive disorder, according to a new study. The findings suggest that OCD and other psychiatric disorders could be amenable to treatment using a class of drugs that is already being investigated in clinical trials. Ref. Source 6k.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 7:50am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder OCD

OCD-like behavior linked to genetic mutation

A new study found evidence suggesting how neural dysfunction in a certain region of the brain can lead to obsessive and repetitive behaviors much like obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). Ref. Source 3c.

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder OCD Psychology Special & Health

Hopefully they can come up with a cure for OCD. I know that some people have it really bad. I have it but it's only about certain things. Everything doesn't bother me like it does some.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - OCD

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,