Be A Super Hero RPG Questions / Suggestions - Page 2 of 23

I think that will be something that we would - Page 2 - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 25th Mar, 2009 - 1:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (23) »
Super Hero Questions For Be A Super Hero RPG Questions only. Before asking it will be wise to check through ALL the Sticky Threads first to ensure your question has not already been asked.
7th Feb, 2009 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

Be A Super Hero RPG Questions / Suggestions - Page 2

Although your last Post (now removed) was RPG related, it is not really specific to Super Hero RPG, so I moved this to your Rave Thread to answer there. You can also use your Rave Thread to ask general questions.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Mar, 2009 - 6:19pm / Post ID: #

Be A Super Hero RPG Questions / Suggestions
A Friend

Suggestions Questions RPG Hero Super Be

I have a question. Can we choose our powers or is that randomly generated? I'm slightly hesitant to go through the Creation process again until I know exactly what I'm getting into.

22nd Mar, 2009 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

Be A Super Hero RPG Questions / Suggestions Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

I believe you chose what powers you want, can't remember. I have to work on this section as well as the Upgrade section so people can later change / modify and so forth their Super Hero's powers. In any case, you still need to create a character in order to participate, so run with it for now.

Rather off topic, but...
I don't know if you like the Matrix Trilogy, if so you may want to try Plugged RPG. We also have Medieval and Future Earth which is Sci Fi based.

Post Date: 22nd Mar, 2009 - 7:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Suggestions Questions RPG Hero Super Be

Which one of these is more interesting?

Name: Douglas Blake

Side: Neutral. He's a few nuts short of a peanut sandwich, if you know what I mean. He's more likely to be found working for the baddies but it depends on who's paying him the most. An immoral bastard has to get paid, you know!

Alias: Deathtrap

Powers or abilities: Ability to construct traps and torture devices based on fears of those he is trappin/torturing. Good insight on people, especially other superheroes and villians.

History: Douglas Blake was a regular guy. Well, about as regular as anyone. He was an average student, completely uninterested in school or friends. He didn't care about anyone and frequently ran into trouble. His one passion in life was mechanics. He was fascinated by how things worked. Sometimes, it was people but it was mostly machines. His parents would often find machines lying in pieces, with Douglas examining each one carefully. His father regarded him as a freak, a choice which led to the creation of Deathtrap himself.

Blake's father, a figure of idolation for Douglas, convinced him to allow for tests to be done on Blake. Douglas became scarred in a freak accident and the gas which leaked out of an explosion had an adverse effect on his mind. Blake took pleasure in torturing his father with a newly built trap. He later felt bad since "he wouldn't ever get that high again". He was taken to a hospital and escaped.

Normal Look: Often heavily bandaged, even in public. If he cannot wear his bandages, he tends to wear clothes that obscure his physical appearance. Black sunglasses, large trenchcoats and fedoras.

Alter Ego look: Still heavily bandaged but more prone to flamboyance. He has been known to wear dresses, bright and colourful outfits and anything else to lure his prey into his trap. Most often, he wears a hooded cloak and black clothes. He is currently looking for a new costume.

Personality: Nuts. Deathtrap is crazed yet he manages to (at times) act relatively normally, despite his warped nature. He has been described by many as a sociopath. Deathtrap is nearly amoral, although he has been known to have sudden flights of sympathy. He finds the traps he makes humorour and attempts to build some sort of irony into his torture devices. Demented, with a strange sense of humour. Well-known for non-sequiters and strange remarks. He enjoys his own sense of humour.

OR

Name: Richard Charland

Side: Neutral (Highest bidder)

Alias: Voice Box

Powers or abilities: Metallic arms and legs. Trained assassin.

History: Richard Charland was an opera singer. A good one. He was a rising star, sure to be a huge success until one faithful night, everything was taken from him. A brutal car accident took away his legs and rendered him unable to talk louder than a whisper. The way his career was taken away from him in an instant was deveestating to Charland, whose indentity was based on being an opera singer. In a moment of desperation, he got in contact with his estranged father, a brilliant but warped scientist.

His father made him a pair of metallic legs and fitted him with a voice box so he could talk. When he head his voice for the first time, Richard flew into a fit of rage. He destroyed his father's labratory and the man himself. Charland wandered around for a bit, upgrading his arms to be robotic as well. He was trained as an assassin, something he began to enjoy. But what he enjoyed most was the money and the power it brought him, something he felt was owed. But he found he couldn't get close to anyone because of his robotic parts.

Normal Look: Tends to hide his metallic arms and legs under fancy clothes.

Alter Ego look: Reveals his mechanical arms and legs.

Personality: Prone to anger when his voice box is ridiculed. Sees life as a joke that he alone is in one and often, he attempts to convince his victims that life isn't worth living.

Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2009 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Suggestions Questions RPG Hero Super Be

Your powers will be generated by the Super Hero Character Creator.

Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2009 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

sad.gif Blah. That's pretty lame. I was hoping to pick my own. I guess I will have to rethink my character and such. Or, at least, wait until JB updates this.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Mar, 2009 - 4:44am / Post ID: #

Be Super Hero RPG Questions / Suggestions - Page 2

I made a massive update to the Be A Super Hero RPG system as you probably can tell (see the Updates Thread). Character powers are automatically selected for you in the basic character creation. Using the upcoming Upgrade option (coming soon) you will be able to customize your Super Hero the way you like him / her once you have the FP to do so. Possible options could be adding your own major power, describing your weakness, adding a symbol, etc. Additionally you will be able to see your stats at a glance when you post in this Board.

Rather off topic, but...
VoiceBox I have restored your FP, but will not do so again. Once you start the process of creating your character you finish to the end, do not try clicking back, etc. If you are unhappy with your character you can always delete him, but you will still need the FP to create the new one.

Post Date: 25th Mar, 2009 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Be Super Hero RPG Questions / Suggestions Comic / Anime PBP RPGs & Reviews - Page 2

I think that will be something that we would like. TO be able to modify your super hero to what you want them to be. Seeing the stats easier would be nice too.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (23) »

> TOPIC: Be A Super Hero RPG Questions / Suggestions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,