USA Tax Policies - Page 3 of 8

So, that would be like a progressive luxury - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 23rd Oct, 2008 - 3:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »
USA Taxes
21st Oct, 2008 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

USA Tax Policies - Page 3

Look forward to seeing the proposal. Heck maybe we can take it to congress if it be full of circles and silly words to baffle the mind.

I do think flat rate is a workable idea and those leeches can get retrained.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2008 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

USA Tax Policies
A Friend

Policies Tax USA

Well, from what I can imagine from what the new stimulus pack is planning on doing, giving the people some money before the holidays. That is actually a very clever idea if it weren't for how little it gave out. So my idea is, either decrease the federal tax during holidays, or set it up where, when you get money back, is in October or November. Just in time for the holidays and everyone spends there money. So yeah, wasn't as great as I thought, but it sounded so much better at 1 in the morning.

Also, I just got done looking at the council tax system that was proposed in 1993. IT kind of sounds interesting, although controversial. It definitely is an interesting concept. Although I could see Migration occurring if used in the United States.

Reconcile Edited: Rhieland on 22nd Oct, 2008 - 12:49am

22nd Oct, 2008 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

USA Tax Policies History & Civil Business Politics

I would go with a flat tax (change) and a progressive capital gains tax that would cap out at approximately 10% (a decrease) for the middle class and 15% for the upper middle class (no change). No inheritance tax on once tax money. Meaning...if the money was already once subject to taxation, then it is tax free. If there is a captial gains then the above apply, but I would make them subject to the progressive tax pre-inheritance. Basically, a inheritance cant put you into the upper class and you get hit with 15% if you are middle class, as you would pay a 10% tax. The money shouldnt get double taxed. Now, if you inherit a IRA, I believe it should be transferable. This would mean that as a parent you could save up a good retirement in your IRA. Should you die before you actually use the IRA money, that money can directly transfer to another family member (into their IRA) without penalty. Should they use untaxed money out of the IRA, it would be subject to a penalty that should be in line with the capital gains. For captial gains, I really wouldnt make a differentiation between short term or long term capital gains.

Do this and we can decrease the size of the IRS by about 50% or more easily.

I would increase the federal gas tax by $.01 and set this money aside for the national debt payment yearly.

I like the business research tax credit and would keep that (dollar for dollar write off for true research investment) incentive. I would also restructure the laws around pensions in corporations to ensure that there is truly enough liquid assets to cover the obligations in pension programs.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2008 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

USA Tax Policies
A Friend

Page 3 Policies Tax USA

That actually sounds like a good idea, the only problem I can think of with it right now, is we'd have to pull out of any meaningless conflicts, as from what it appears, it does cut a lot of government funding. Iraq alone is $10 million a month in itself. So, if this tax policy were to be adopted, we would have to do some major withdrawals from other countries. So, we should probably just pick the fights that we need. Also, what would be the idea for the current income taxes, and how to remove them? Would it be at the collection date to end it? then give everyone there income checks back and just have a new system in place? Or is there a more elaborate way of doing things?

*Note, I'm not completely sure of how the military is funded, so don't scorn me too bad if I got most of that entire statement wrong.

22nd Oct, 2008 - 9:33am / Post ID: #

Policies Tax USA

Well the flat income tax might cap out at say somewhere between 25 and 33%. That would depend on budgetary needs. We wouldnt necessarily have to pull out of any conflicts because the 2 front requirements for our military would still be the goal. We would just have to set the rate of the flat tax in accordance to what we want to spend as a government.

I am cool with whatever date we want to collect them...so April 15 is fine. A June/July refund check is good because it give people another point during the year to spend a bit more beside Christmas. Should we just load up the year end holidays with refunds, then employers will employ less during the non holiday season and only staff up for those 2 months of sales - not good for employment in general. Refunds shouldnt be cut up into quarterly or monthly payment because that cost the government more to do and would end up in higher taxes.

The flat income tax would have basically no loop holes or special deductions. It is a flat tax. Therefore, it could be implemented without a decrease in the take by the government. However, the ultimate goal would be that anytime you would hear tax cut in the future, we would be talking about decreasing the size of government and their services.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

22nd Oct, 2008 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

USA Tax Policies

Do you think the flat tax could actually end up with more in the government pockets then ever? Though less in the pockets of charitable organizations that are so often used as a tax right off. Keep in mind doing the god corporate citizen thing might still occur as it is good PR.

I still like the flat tax idea best as you are right the government can say we need to this or that and adjust the rate accordingly. Even build reserves during prosperous times and ease the tax in hard times. This would keep a more even flow in the economy.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2008 - 9:09pm / Post ID: #

USA Tax Policies
A Friend

USA Tax Policies - Page 3

Alright, So I have an idea for how you could tax businesses that just might keep them trying for competition, if not more.

Alright, so, we use something similar to income tax I believe, only there isn't an amount of tax in dollars the company has to pay by the end of the year, instead a system set up where, it is determined by how much of the general products are sold. Basically, you take the destination of where the goods go. Then you take into account the area of influence that the company would have in that area. The amount that is sold would be divided by the demand of that good, so I guess 0.0001 would be for like a luxury car, and 400 might be for food, hypothetically of course. You then divide it by the aforementioned, population of area influenced. So after you have done that for each area that you sell too, you add them up, and then of course, I like the idea of as you said Vincenzo.

business research tax credit (dollar for dollar write off for true research investment) incentive.

So then subtract that from the Dollar amount that needs to be sold, along with other reliefs, then there it is.

But Of course, I'm not really sure how business taxes work, or if they are taxed any. But if this were a plausible idea, it would probably get rid of sales tax. In my head it seems logical though, it also seems like businesses might make things cheaper (Good or bad?) to sell more to compete with others. Since reducing employee amount wouldn't have a positive effect because of the lack of labor and staff to make ends meet. But, then again, the more complicated the system, the more loopholes there are.

Anyways, is this a Yes, No, or does it need revisions?

23rd Oct, 2008 - 3:51am / Post ID: #

USA Tax Policies Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

So, that would be like a progressive luxury sales tax that is applied to all goods on the market. I would have a couple of questions. So for a luxury car, is it a specific brand and model or is it all cars classified as luxury? Who would define luxury...the government or the car industry? For food, is it specific...like for ocra. There isnt much ocra sold and there is not much demand for it...likely it would get a higher tax then say bread. OR Do we lump all things labled food together and who decides what food is? Is candy food? I can see where you are going with this and it would make it more fair. I can see a lot of playing around with the definitions of what certain things are and it might require a layer of government to line them out...but if your going flat tax you have some bored people in governement. The idea is doable and would be fairly distributed, but there will be a lot of things in it left up to interpretation.

Businesses are taxed federally and by the state which they operate. There are lots of benefits for small business owners. Large companies get some deals to build in certain states/areas of the state as well as research tax benefits. Corporate taxes are really complicated and I am not wise enough to figure them out. Amortization is a huge part of it and that in of itself can be complicated.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 23rd Oct, 2008 - 6:28am

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: USA Tax Policies

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,