Pres. Barack Obama & Mormons

Pres Barack Obama Mormons - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 5th Nov, 2008 - 8:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Pres, Barack Obama &, Mormons
5th Nov, 2008 - 3:00am / Post ID: #

Any prophecy out there about a Black man being in the Office of President of the USA? Will circumstances be changed for both law and policy in the Church under reign of Pres. Barack Obama? Any predictions?

Pres. Barack Obama & Mormons (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
5th Nov, 2008 - 7:05am / Post ID: #

Mormons and Obama Barack Pres

As much as I disagree with President elect barrack Obama I will respect him as president of the United States. I truly believe in the concept of being subject to Presidents as stated in the 12th article of faith.

I am however a little disappointed by some of the pundits who have implied that the people who supported John McCain must have had some some underlying racism, because no one could support a Republican in this economic downturn. I harbor some resentment ( I know this is a sin) for the implication that those who did not vote for this man must be a bigot. I know of several black politicians that I would have supported enthusiastically in this election (Michael S. Steele, J. C. Watts to name a few) so by distrust and disagreement with Mr. Obama are not about Race.

I believe that it is not his Race that will bring a fundamental change (Good or Bad), but his left leaning ideals. He will, in my opinion, not be a friend of Israel's. He will be loved by the world, but will be weak when it comes to defending the United States of America, and I believe there will be a significant portion of our population that will die before they allow him to undercut their second amendment rights. All of us "rural folk" who, in his words, cling to our guns and our bibles just need to let go of these things and join the revolution that he so dearly embraces. We need to be understanding of the William Aires, and the Jeremiah Wrights and accept that the 60's revolution is coming back. Abortion on demand will continue, and the conservatives need to realize that abortion is a big business in the United States ( and don't we Republicans support big business?)

I do not have confidence in the Future. I will be raising my children in a country where liberals (not the progressive liberalism of Thomas Jefferson and Martin Luther King but the liberalism of William Aires and the ACLU) will have a friend in the White House. I believe the end is coming (but that is just my frustration after staying up all night listening to a bunch of commentators saying I must be a racist because I did not support this "peaceful revolution").

Oh well, I will just go to work tomorrow and continue to live my life.

5th Nov, 2008 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Pres. Barack Obama & Mormons Studies Doctrine Mormon

Any prophecy out there about a Black man being in the Office of President of the USA?

What does him being black have to do with anything? Are you suggesting that because he is black he won't be able to lead the country? Thats not because he is black, thats because he is a Democrate. (Just kidding)

Will circumstances be changed for both law and policy in the Church under reign of Pres. Barack Obama? Any predictions?

What law and or Policy would change because of a black president?
As I'm sure you know the Policy and or laws of the church have never changed because of who is president of any given country. It has more to do with who is president of the church.

I'm not sure what you were trying to get out of people with these questions?

Post Date: 5th Nov, 2008 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think that people should remember that we have lost more freedom in the last 40 than you can shake a stick at. We have constantly eased away from the constitution since 1913. I don't like bush. In fact I cant stand him, but in my personal opinion I believe that Barrack makes Bush look like a boy scout.

Barrack is more ambitious, smarter, more power hungry, and slicker. He isn't even a natural born citizen? I don't know when everything will go down but it is likely to go down under his rule. I don't know exactly what the future holds but I do know we are on shaky ground. I don't believe that just being president will be enough for Obama.

I still insist that they are both working for the same people.

Haven't we been fighting muslims for the past several years and now one is elected as our president. laugh.gif We are such a fickle people. I smell a whole lot of BS. Obama is an international super star not a good leader.

Reconcile Edited: Quasar on 5th Nov, 2008 - 4:56pm

5th Nov, 2008 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (tubaloth @ 5-Nov 08, 7:21 AM)

Will circumstances be changed for both law and policy in the Church under reign of Pres. Barack Obama? Any predictions?

What law and or Policy would change because of a black president?
As I'm sure you know the Policy and or laws of the church have never changed because of who is president of any given country. It has more to do with who is president of the church.

I'm not sure what you were trying to get out of people with these questions?

As Dbackers mentioned, our Articles of Faith state that we will be subject to the leaders of our land. I can't quite think of the words right now but it is along the lines of the righteous will not be held accountable if following the leaders--it will be on their heads. I wonder if anything will change so drastically that Americans will find themselves in that situation.

I have heard rumors that with Obama we will be told not to store or hoard food. I know there are some places where you can't do that right now and they are counseled to store what the can.

I have heard rumors that doctors who normally do not perform abortions will be required to do so and if they do not they will be out of a job. That seems like it will affect most Christians, but many LDS doctors.

I am wondering if someone could verify for me that Obama addressed the whole world during his acceptance speech and not America. I didn't listen to it but am wondering if that is just a rumor or not. I agree with Quasar that Obama will not be happy just being President.

JB said:

Any prophecy out there about a Black man being in the Office of President of the USA?

Are you aware of any from your study? I just was listening to a CD on prophesies the other day and there was something mentioned in it. I will go back and get the source and place it here. I was amazed because it just about jumped out at me as Obama (my opinion).

I recall hearing something about one that would have flowery speech and would be able to persuade the people. I can't find where I read that and was wondering if anyone was familiar with it?

Post Date: 5th Nov, 2008 - 7:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I am thinking of a few scenarios. Scenario 1

First 1 to 3 years.

1. More bailouts
2. More building up of domestic military for the control of the domestic people. With the excuse to control some small scale rioting.
3. Some gun control laws being passed.
4. More racial and religious divide.
5. A staged terror attack to buy more time for a failing regime. (Obama)
6. Further weakening borders.
7. New laws and perhaps a new currency for a failing economic crisis.
8. Conflict with a world super power like Russia.
9. Illegal rounding up of people that might cause problems for this fascist system that is coming.
10. The start of martial law and thought police.
11. Possible regulations of the internet to hinder free speech.
12. More taxation. Micro management of subjects (Us).
13. Total destruction of the middle class during the depression.

I have to admit that I am taking some satisfaction in watching neocons running around in panic. It was alright when the all of this stuff was happening to foreign countries, but now it is coming home to roost. laugh.gif Morons.

Obama is just a tool. This stuff was going to happen anyway. He is just the puppet that was chosen to represent this. All thought out by social think tanks.

And you Obama worshippers know nothing about him other than he is going to make change. I was listening to the alex jones show for a while today and he gave a perfect analogy for what obama is. He is just another Judas Goat. A powerful Judas goat.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Nov, 2008 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (Quasar @ 5-Nov 08, 12:52 PM)
Haven't we been fighting muslims for the past several years and now one is elected as our president.

Get your facts straight, Obama is not a Muslim. That's one of the many myths that have been circulating the internet. Also, please keep in mind the purpose of this thread is Obama and the Mormons there are many threads in existence that deal with his views and politics. Let's keep this one related to the LDS Church. Thanks.

Post Date: 5th Nov, 2008 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Pres. Barack Obama & Mormons Mormon Doctrine Studies

Well I think that a fascist government would have an affect on any religion including mormonism do to the high regulations that are involved with such a government.

Rather off topic, but...
Get your facts straight, Obama is not a Muslim.

You are right he is a closet muslim. I would be happy to discuss this on another thread if you feel equipped to argue such a matter.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Pres. Barack Obama & Mormons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,