Water Taxis

Water Taxis - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 7th Jan, 2009 - 6:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
28th Dec, 2008 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

Water Taxis

Do you feel confident that this service will be provided properly? Would you use the service if you need to or you rather use the regular maxi taxi?

THE inaugural ceremony to launch the water taxi service between Port of Spain and San Fernando will take place tomorrow at the Cruise Ship Complex, Dock Road, Port of Spain.

In a release yesterday, the National Infrastructure Development Company Limited (Nidco) said the ceremony would take place tomorrow, beginning at 1.00 p.m.Minister of Works and Transport Colm Imbert is expected to be at the function as well as other members of the ministry and members of Nidco.

The $125 million water taxi project has had several delays due to training of employees to work on the boats, as well as maintenance work on the four boats. On December 7, a successful trial run was conducted from King's Wharf San Fernando to a make shift jetty near the Cruise Ship Complex, Port of Spain....

Sponsored Links:
29th Dec, 2009 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

Taxis Water

That not going to work. They can't even get the one to Tobago to remain on schedule.

31st Dec, 2009 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

Water Taxis Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

They started to experience problems when was time to purchase the tickets. Imagine the taxi was scheduled to leave at 6:00am and people started gathering since 3:40am. Trinis are mad! Anyhow, do you all know that in order to purchase a ticket you must present an ID card? spock.gif

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2009 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

Water Taxis
A Friend

Taxis Water

An article in (I believe) yesterday's Express said a major problem was the ticketing system, quoting that is was manual. They did not specify what that meant thought. It also stated that it took quite a long time (half an hour) to get a ticket and there was nothing in place for round-trips as opposed to one-way trips only.

1st Jan, 2009 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

Taxis Water

It would have been nice to see that in action. I remember there used to be a lot of problems with the Tobago ferry operation, what makes them feel they're going to pull this off easily?

6th Jan, 2009 - 9:06pm / Post ID: #

Water Taxis

I would not mind trying this new Water Taxi service. It is a good way to escape the everyday traffic headaches and if you love the sea, then this is option is for you. However, I would never depend on this form of transport to be reliable and therefore, I would probably use it for pleasure rather than hustling to go to work or to arrive in POS for a specific time.

In Trinidad, there is no such thing as a back up plan and hence the reason why we are always late with everything. The water taxis were tested twice and I suspect a lot of emphasis was placed on if the ferry was functioning properly. And no one thought about, what happens if the ticket system crashes? If you ask me, Trinis need to be more pro-active. I guess this water taxi was rushed and there was inadequate planning, since this service was supposed to be introduced last year and it never materialized until now. I guess Mr Colm Imbert was embarrassed and tried to ensure that the Water Taxi service would be introduced before the end of 2008 since there were so many other deadlines for this service to commence.

This is the life of a Trini, always putting the cart before the horse!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Jan, 2009 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Water Taxis

I read one of them had engine problems already, people were very upset I guess they ended up reaching late for work.

7th Jan, 2009 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

Water Taxis Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

I read one of them had engine problems already,

Is anyone really surprised to learn about this? I am not. This is what happens when you purchase anything second hand. If you do not check the boat to see if the engine is working properly or if new parts are required, then obviously, you will get problems, not to mention very angry passengers on board.

I think Colm Imbert is really getting a lot of negative press these days: first the road collapsing in Diego Martin and now this latest fiasco with the Water Taxis.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Water Taxis

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,