Glutathione And Autism

Glutathione Autism - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 14th Jul, 2017 - 1:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Detoxification
15th Feb, 2009 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Glutathione And Autism

Has anyone heard of Glutathione? It seems to be the latest in Autism treatment and many parents see great results with this treatment:

international QUOTE
Researchers at the biochemical genetics laboratory at Arkansas Children's Hospital Research Institute found that close to 80% of children with autism have reduced levels of glutathione and its precursor nutrients such as the amino acids, cysteine and methionine. Glutathione is the body's master antioxidant and is required to protect the body from damage due to free radicals. Professor Jill James, who headed the research states:

"[Our findings] suggest that these kids would be more sensitive to an environmental exposure and would be less likely to detox from heavy metals."

Which leads on to Jenny McCarthy's (Jim Carrey's girlfriend) use of detox methods with Evan. Heavy metals such as mercury are now widespread in the environment and in the diet (E.g. Fish/seafood). Then there is the potential contribution of the mercury preservative thimerosal in vaccinations.

Source 2

Facts about Glutathione:

international QUOTE
glutathione (GSH) is the body's master antioxidant. It is a small protein produced naturally in our cells when certain required elements are present. It functions both as an antioxidant and an antitoxin and is a major defense system against illness and aging. Our glutathione level actually indicates our state of health and can predict longevity. Although there are more than 60,000 published papers on the beneficial effects of glutathione replacement, it is still largely ignored by mainstream medicine. In the near future the importance of glutathione will be widely recognized because it has the ability to boost the immune system and fight off the damage of free radicals on the cells.

Modern research has shown that individuals who have low levels of glutathione are susceptible to chronic illness. Decreased levels of glutathione can be brought about by continual stress upon the immune system. As we now know, a lowered immune system can bring about illness and disease. This is a ferocious cycle. While you need glutathione for a productive immune system, a weakened immune system hampers the production of glutathione.

Glutathione has been shown to slow down the aging process, detoxify and improve liver function, strengthen the immune system, and reduce the chances of developing cancer. Glutathione also works to help improve mental functions, increase energy, improve concentration, permit increased exercise, and improve heart and lung function - just to name a few.

Sponsored Links:
17th Mar, 2009 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

Autism Glutathione

That is a very interesting article. I am going to read up more on this as I am thinking in general t might be a nice supplement to add into ones diet. Natural sources would be best I am sure.

We do ingest large amounts of heavy metal and other poison in our normal foods as well as water now. I am glad they are finding more and I think better methods to helping with this issue.

Has any one here tried this method? or any other detox to help autism symptoms?

Here is cool article on finding this chemical naturally. Basically eating the right food that cause our cells to produce this chemical.

Source 7

From this article I do not understand how other then a diet change you could increase these levels.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 17th Mar, 2009 - 6:48pm

18th Jul, 2012 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

Glutathione And Autism Health & Special Psychology

Here is a news video on this, some parent are very hopeful with Glutathione for Autism:

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2017 - 1:57pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Autism Glutathione

Scientists develop imaging method for measuring glutathione in real time. Scientists have developed a fluorescent probe -- they call it RealThiol -- that can measure real-time changes of glutathione concentration in living cells. Source 9y.

> TOPIC: Glutathione And Autism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,