Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - Page 5 of 6

I have my PTSD Check up coming up in August. - Page 5 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 19th Jul, 2017 - 9:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
PTSD Quotes
Post Date: 9th May, 2017 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
A Friend

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - Page 5

I believe that there is a reason that I refuse to take meds for my condition. I think that also since I am still working they did not want to put me on any meds. Now that these studies are coming out I am glad that I was not put on any meds. The fact that I dislike meds and would resist taking them now shows that I could be correct in not taking them as they may do more harm than good.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th May, 2017 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Disorder Stress Traumatic Post

KN,

Good for you in refusing the meds. I have friends who didn't refuse and they aren't the same. The meds have changed them more than the PTSD ever did. [By The Way], PTSD is a wound just like any other in my opinion. I also believe it deserves the Purple Heart… because it is a wound just like any other. And it has nothing to do with training, or the strength of one's mind… sometimes people just reach the breaking point and that point is different for everyone. I saw people go into combat time after time with absolutely no outward show of fear, then one day they were done. I saw people who showed fear overcome it and go into combat over and over. Many of each category have PTSD to some degree. And this isn't just about combat… it's post traumatic stress and it could come from any stressful/traumatic event or series of events.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 9th May, 2017 - 2:42pm

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2017 - 1:13pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Health & Special Psychology

Amygdala activity predicts posttraumatic stress disorder. Neuroimaging measures of emotional brain function after acute trauma may help predict whether a person will develop posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), according to a new study. The study reports an association between the activity of two key brain regions involved in emotional regulation, the amygdala and anterior cingulate cortex (ACC), shortly after trauma and symptoms of PTSD that emerged within the following year. Source 3y.

9th Jun, 2017 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Disorder Stress Traumatic Post

Like with any disorder, it can surface in many different ways. And its something that isn't really talked about. I know, from my own experiences, it manifested a lot differently to others who had similar assaults. Because it is different in everyone, it needs to be treated differently, as many psychs have told me in the past, there is no magic wand (I would patent that, if there were) and it needs to be treated as such. Also it depends on the trauma and the extent of help the person gets. And it also depends on the person's own make-up.

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2017 - 12:28pm / Post ID: #

Disorder Stress Traumatic Post

Identified brain circuitry bridges neural and behavioral roles in PTSD. Specific cerebral circuitry bridges chemical changes deep in the brain and the more outward behavioral expressions associated with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), which could lead to more objective biomarkers for the disorder, according to a comprehensive review of rapidly changing data. Source 5j.

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2017 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

Imaging Pinpoints Brain Circuits Changed by PTSD Therapy. Using brain imaging to track the effects of treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), scientists have identified a brain circuit on which a frequently used and effective psychotherapy (Prolonged exposure) acts to quell symptoms. The findings help explain why the neural circuit identified is a promising target for additional treatment development, including brain stimulation therapies. Source 3q.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Jul, 2017 - 9:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - Page 5

Anything to help my friends with PTSD is a good thing. They suffer terribly with this disease. Many of them have some degree trauma to the brain as well. We need to remember that PTSD is not solely the realm of military members. You can get PTSD from being mistreated, either repeatedly or not, as a child, from a single traumatic event like a bad car accident, and the like. Once you have it its insidious nature sneaks up on you. I'm all for this research.

Post Date: 19th Jul, 2017 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Psychology Special & Health - Page 5

I have my PTSD Check up coming up in August. I will have to check some things with them to see how it is looking for me. Maybe boost my disability rating up some *smile*.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,