Stephen Hawking

Stephen Hawking - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 4th May, 2010 - 7:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
Post Date: 20th Apr, 2009 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Stephen Hawking

Stephen Hawking

Famed Mathematician Stephen Hawking Rushed to Hospital, Suffering From Serious Illness [11:30 a.m. ET] Ref. ABC News

Stephen Hawking
Stephen Hawking (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
21st Apr, 2009 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

Hawking Stephen

A brilliant man. It goes to show you that no matter or your level of disability you can still make an impact on mankind. It would be ashamed to have him leave us so soon.

26th Apr, 2010 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

Stephen Hawking UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

A very interesting statement given by one of the most intelligent men in the world. According to Hawking, aliens might simply raid Earth for its resources and then move on but also said but that instead of seeking them out, humanity should be doing all it that can to avoid any contact.

international QUOTE
The suggestions come in a new documentary series in which Hawking, one of the world's leading scientists, will set out his latest thinking on some of the universe's greatest mysteries.

Alien life, he will suggest, is almost certain to exist in many other parts of the universe: not just in planets, but perhaps in the centre of stars or even floating in interplanetary space.

Hawking's logic on aliens is, for him, unusually simple. The universe, he points out, has 100 billion galaxies, each containing hundreds of millions of stars. In such a big place, Earth is unlikely to be the only planet where life has evolved.

"To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational," he said. "The real challenge is to work out what aliens might actually be like."

The answer, he suggests, is that most of it will be the equivalent of microbes or simple animals - the sort of life that has dominated Earth for most of its history....

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2010 - 2:27am / Post ID: #

Stephen Hawking
A Friend

Hawking Stephen

I have to agree with his math. It would not make sense for us to be the only planet capable of supporting and maintaining life on it. Now if Aliens were to visit us I doubt it will be a friendly visit.

26th Apr, 2010 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

Hawking Stephen

That is kind of what Hawkings said. He believes we should spend much less time trying to find aliens and more time avoiding any contact. His vision of contact is not a friendly one either!

Post Date: 26th Apr, 2010 - 3:24am / Post ID: #

Stephen Hawking
A Friend

Stephen Hawking

Yeah this is why I believe that we need to develop space travel now and get off our collective rears and get it done.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th May, 2010 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

Stephen Hawking

It is strange he actually did very little and was more of a comical character until he became ill. Once his life was in danger his perspective changed I think and he became much more serious about his studies, fighting the odds and becoming one of the most brilliant minds in history. He has been living off of borrowed time for quite a while now and I hope he stays with us for a lot longer.

As far as aliens being hostile or more like animals I am not so sure. Personally I feel once a life form has reached a certain level it develops reason and morals automatically, as a natural part of advancement in its evolution. At the most I would say there is a 50 / 50 chance of them being friendly or hostile.

Not looking for other life I think would be sad. To be so fearful of the possibility that alien life would be hostile as to try and hide from it doesn't make sense to me. As a scientist who is painfully aware of the numbers like Hawkings is, he should also be aware there are many number of hostile things out there that can wipe us out with little or no warning.

If anything I would say aliens would avoid contact with us because we still act like children in the scheme of things. We would probably be like that friend who has not grown up yet and drunk dials you in the middle of the night. Pretty soon he wants to sleep on your couch and eat your food. smile.gif

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 4th May, 2010 - 6:34pm

4th May, 2010 - 7:56pm / Post ID: #

Stephen Hawking Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

Listen to me, if aliens really weren't that friendly we would have been destroyed by now or unless had an attack. Nothing ever happened so far.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Stephen Hawking

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,