Swine Flu - Page 3 of 21

Something is so strange about this virus (the - Page 3 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 29th Apr, 2009 - 11:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (21) »

?
Poll: How worried are you about becoming infected with Swine Flu?
  Extremely Concerned       14.29%
  Very Concerned       0.00%
  Somewhat Concerned       28.57%
  Not Bothered At All       57.14%
  What Is Swine Flu?       0.00%
Total Votes: 14
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Swine Flu
H1N1
28th Apr, 2009 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #

Swine Flu - Page 3

This panic is a huge deal and I for one hope people do take time to wash and if sick stay at home.

The repercussion is huge here! Already the food industry is under attack no North American products are going to be allowed into the over seas markets. In bad times like this this could have a very bad repercussion.

Silly part is the normal flue kills way more people per year then this will or sars.

Sponsored Links:
28th Apr, 2009 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

Flu Swine

OK, major crisis now, check this breaking news:

QUOTE (ABC News)
'Many Hundreds' of Schoolchildren Sick, Possibly With Swine Flu, Says New York City Health Commissioner

We are talking serious stuff now as this spreads like wild fire.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2009 - 7:29pm / Post ID: #

Swine Flu
A Friend

Swine Flu Health & Special Psychology

I wonder if they will close New York Schools now? I know they did this in Mexico to try to isolate it.

28th Apr, 2009 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Flu Swine

H1N1 virus is now reaching paranoia status with Carnival Cruse lines canceling trips to Mexico. The EU is making member States stop buying US pork even though there is no scientific evidence that the pork carries the virus.

There COULD be a US border closure! They are currently looking at this.

Swine Flu: Facts, Myths and Whether to Worry
Avoid Sick People

Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.  Ref. Source 6

Note that a lot on the US is now blaming illegal immigrants for the Swine Flu, but it is actually RETURNING US Citizens FROM Mexico that is the real culprit because they are NOT being quarantined.

28th Apr, 2009 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

Flu Swine

I hope they do start testing those coming back and isolate the ones who may be contagious. It is drastic yes but the end result would be worth it.

I fear though that we will see other epidemics as bad or even worse to come.

29th Apr, 2009 - 5:23am / Post ID: #
A version of Swine Flu is seen every year and is often combined with Bird Flu, but the newest version A/H1N1 also contains a strain of a human flu virus.

The Swine Flu symptoms to watch out for include typical flu symptoms like aches, pain, sinus problems and fever but A/H1N1 spreads quickly and strikes fast; A/H1N1 is also a killer flu.

If you feel sick and have been in Mexico, California or Texas, or have come in contact with somebody who has, be on the look out for these Swine Flu symptoms:

* high fever (as high as 105 or more)
    * extreme fatigue (with or without dizziness/lightheadedness)
    * nausea and vomiting
    * headaches and muscle and/or joint pain
    * respiratory problems
    * sinus problems
    * diarrhea and dehydration

If you have these symptoms see a doctor or go to hospital and alert friends, family and anybody else you may have daily or close contact with so that they can be tested immediately.

What we are not hearing in the "mainstream" media in the U.S. Is that this is actually some kind of hybrid virus: it contains the H1N1 "A" or swine flu PLUS bird flu PLUS human flu! This is almost some kind of genetically modified (human created?) virus.

I don't think the panic is warranted, but certainly better prevention and precautions are called for, simply because this virus is so quickly spread and is definitely deadly -- at least in Mexico. I haven't heard of any other deaths in other countries.

Edit: P.S. -- interesting that this outbreak occurred just at the time Obama was visiting, no?

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 29th Apr, 2009 - 5:24am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Apr, 2009 - 10:57am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Swine Flu - Page 3

Swine Flu Death

23-month-old Texas child confirmed as first U.S. Swine flu death, according to Richard Besser, acting director, CDC. Ref. CNN

29th Apr, 2009 - 11:56am / Post ID: #

Swine Flu Psychology Special & Health - Page 3

Something is so strange about this virus (the mutation), I won't be surprised if is man created, specially because of its uniqueness.I feel so sorry for all the victims, specially the baby that just died.

It seems also that some countries are not taking the necessary measures. In the US, people should be put in quarantine (the ones returning from Mexico). Here in Trinidad, the national Sub- 17 football team that returned from Mexico was put under observation for 24 hours even though none of them had the sympotoms of the flu. Argentina canceled the flights to Mexico and had special screen machines at the airport to check people.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (21) »

> TOPIC: Swine Flu

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,