Swine Flu - Page 2 of 21

In 1976 there was an outbreak of Swine Flu, - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 28th Apr, 2009 - 1:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (21) »

?
Poll: How worried are you about becoming infected with Swine Flu?
  Extremely Concerned       14.29%
  Very Concerned       0.00%
  Somewhat Concerned       28.57%
  Not Bothered At All       57.14%
  What Is Swine Flu?       0.00%
Total Votes: 14
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Swine Flu
H1N1
Post Date: 27th Apr, 2009 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Swine Flu - Page 2

Chemists report rush for Tamiflu

Demand for face masks and the anti-viral medicine Tamiflu has surged since the first reported cases of swine flu, chemists say. Ref. Source 2

Sponsored Links:
27th Apr, 2009 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #

Flu Swine

I think people are panicking too much. Even the European Union leaders are already telling their people to restrict travel to the US. I doubt that will stop anything sine its already being found in the UK. This going to affect tourism in a lot of places.

QUOTE (USAToday)
MEXICO CITY (AP) - Mexico says the World Health Organization has raised its pandemic alert for swine flu by one level, two steps short of declaring a full-blown pandemic. WHO says the phase 4 alert is defined as sustained human-to-human transmission causing outbreaks in at least one country. It signals a significant increase in the risk of a global epidemic, but doesn't mean a pandemic is inevitable. WHO has confirmed human cases of swine flu in Mexico, the United States, Canada and Spain.

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2009 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #

Swine Flu Health & Special Psychology

Obama's host dies from 'flu-like symptoms'

According to alarming reports from Mexico City, Felipe Solis, a distinguished archaeologist who showed Mr Obama around the city's anthropology museum during his visit to Mexico earlier this month, died the next day from "flu-like symptoms". Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2009 - 10:23am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Flu Swine

'Too late' to contain swine flu

The deadly swine flu virus can no longer be contained, says a WHO official, as the health agency raises its alert level. Ref. Source 6

WHO raises alert level for swine flu outbreak

The novel strain of swine flu that has gripped the globe not only infected more people from San Diego to Spain yesterday, but also started exacting an economic toll as stock markets fell and travelers reconsidered trips to Mexico and the United States. Ref. Source 5

Swine Flu
Swine Flu (Hover)

28th Apr, 2009 - 11:38am / Post ID: #

Flu Swine

Of course everything must be political and now Israel says they do not want to call it "Swine Flu" but the "Mexican Flu" while the Mexicans are saying that they do not want to be stereotyped with having it called "Mexican Flu" - who cares - it kills the SAME way no matter how you call it!

28th Apr, 2009 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

Swine Flu

People will seize all sorts of things to make a political point. I think it is unfortunate that Israel wants to associate it specifically with Mexico, but I do understand their desire not to have then "swine" in it either. Can you imagine how some of the more reactionary elements of Judaism will act when they find out that their neighbors have "swine" flu?

I also think that the excessive hype around this is political in nature. By creating a major crisis, fueling a panic, governments are able to enact more intrusive regulations.

This is not to denigrate the seriousness of the subject, since it does cause death. But the panic actions of so many governments causes me to seriously question whether or not they are using this situation.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Apr, 2009 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

Swine Flu
A Friend

Swine Flu - Page 2

I believe too many people are panicing for no reason. Last time that people paniced over the Flu that was supposed to spread world wide it never happened. Right now there is too few cases being reported for it to be a mass panic. If people just took some common safety measures they can lessen their chances of getting it. The biggest thing they can do is wash their hands with soap often.

28th Apr, 2009 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

Swine Flu Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

In 1976 there was an outbreak of Swine Flu, only ONE person died and people believed that was from the 'vaccine' ordered to be used on the surrounding population. You will of course notice that there is no vaccine mentioned this time around but instead Theraflu.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (21) »

> TOPIC: Swine Flu

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,