?
Poll: You see Easter as...
  A time to remember Christ       66.67%
  A long holiday weekend       14.29%
  Chocolate eggs and bunnies       14.29%
  Never thought about it       4.76%
  None of the above       0.00%
Total Votes: 21
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Easter Traditions Christian Holiday - General Easter Discussion - Is Easter more about the crucifixion and ressurection of Jesus Christ or about the Easter bunny? Discuss your views and Easter traditions.
17th Apr, 2003 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter!

When you first hear the word 'Easter' what do you think about? Bunny and Eggs? Holiday? Christ?

What do you plan to do this Easter weekend?

Happy Easter!
Happy Easter! (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
20th Apr, 2003 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

Easter Happy

I definetly think about Christ!. What do I plan to do? just relax with my family and go to Church like every sunday. smile.gif

Post Date: 22nd Mar, 2004 - 9:29am / Post ID: #

Happy Easter!
A Friend

Happy Easter! Revealed Bible The

Easter is the time to remember Jesus Christ. it is the time to remember the suffering He went for the whole world. He died to set humanity free.

It is because of His death we are alive. it is a time to remember the love He showed for us on the cross of calvary.

23rd Mar, 2004 - 2:52am / Post ID: #

Easter Happy

Can vote for the first three?? laugh.gif

Yes, it is a time to ponder on the life and resurrection of Christ, and how that resurrection affects our lives.

It is also springtime, and so thoughts turn to planting and flowers and chicks and bunnies and the celebration of the renewal of life.

It also means a week out of school for my daughter, and no days off at all for me because I work for accountants and it's tax time in the U.S.

So. All three.

Roz.

9th Apr, 2004 - 1:43am / Post ID: #

Easter Happy

Happy Easter to all and have a great weekend! I was just thinking... how did eggs become associated with rabbits if chickens lay eggs and not rabbits?

11th Apr, 2004 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter, everyone smile.gif Hope you have a lovely day, and enjoy your family or friends during this special day.

Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2004 - 5:04am / Post ID: #

Happy Easter!
A Friend

Happy Easter!

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 8-Apr 04, 5:43 PM)
... how did eggs become associated with rabbits if chickens lay eggs and not rabbits?

The Easter bunny was introduced to American folklore by the German settlers who arrived in the Pennsylvania Dutch country during the 1700s. The arrival of the "Oschter Haws" was considered "childhood's greatest pleasure" next to a visit from Christ-Kindel on Christmas Eve. The children believed that if they were good the "Oschter Haws" would lay a nest of colored eggs.

The children would build their nest in a secluded place in the home, the barn or the garden. Boys would use their caps and girls their bonnets to make the nests . The use of elaborate Easter baskets would come later as the tradition of the Easter bunny spread through out the country.

This is from: https://www.holidays.net/easter/bunny1.htm

The association of eggs with the Easter Bunny is actually a recent one. It seems to be the result of an ad campaign (believe it or not) by European candy makers who wanted to advertise their product. The egg, long a symbol of fertility, had long been a traditional staple of Easter celebrations. The pairing of the Easter Egg and the Easter Bunny at the end of the nineteenth century was not only a stroke of marketing genius, but also well-founded in the traditions of the past.

From:https://www.easter-traditions.com/html/easter_eggs.html

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2004 - 7:21pm / Post ID: #

Happy Easter!
A Friend

Happy Easter! The Bible Revealed

I have a question: If Jesus died on Friday, and rose on Sunday, why is it that they said he would rise again in three days? isnt that two days?

Reconcile Edited: biff on 11th Apr, 2004 - 7:22pm

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Happy Easter!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,