Obama & Healthcare - Page 24 of 31

Yup, not only do the Democrats and Republicans - Page 24 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 23rd Mar, 2017 - 7:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 31 pgs.  20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28  ...Latest (31) »
Obamacare Health Related News - Health Care - Obamacare - Affordable Care Act - One of the most controversial topics in the Obama Administration is forcing businesses to pay insurance for their employees. In other cases organizations of all types are to cover health care for their employees. What are your thoughts?
Post Date: 15th Mar, 2017 - 2:02am / Post ID: #

Obama & Healthcare
A Friend

Obama & Healthcare - Page 24

Ah, that tired old myth. The most comprehensive study on this matter showed that only around 0.5% of Canadians use the US health care system each year.

Of those, only about 1 in five actually chose to do so. (The rest were in the US when they suffered some manner of medical emergency)

And of the 0.1% of Canadians that actually do choose to pay for the US healthcare system, the majority are purchasing elective medical processes.

That last is hardly surprising, as while the wait times for elective surgery in Canada are indeed epically long, their patients actually wait less than we tend to for vital medical services.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 15th Mar, 2017 - 2:04am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Mar, 2017 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Obama & Healthcare
A Friend

Healthcare and Obama

Daishain,

It's actually a bit higher percentage, but not by much. When you say it that way it seems like nothing. Rather, let's say that in 2014, the last year I could find data, about 55,000 Canadians paid for healthcare rather than use their own system. This is for non-emergency services. This is according to US News. Now, many of these were very wealthy but some weren't. So, what I get from this is over 50,000 Canadians would rather pay for another country's healthcare than wait around for their own and some did so even though they had to suffer financially.

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2017 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

Obama & Healthcare
A Friend

Obama & Healthcare Health & Special Psychology

Any way you look at health care for the whole nation you have the wrong people looking at it and working on it. When I see the health care CEOs making multi-millions of bonuses on the paying Americans it can tell you that it is very broken. Why can we not take it away from the lawyers in congress and give it to the health care people who know what is needed and can work on something that will be A affordable to all and B simple with cutting a lot of needless red tape.

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2017 - 2:17am / Post ID: #

Obama & Healthcare
A Friend

Page 24 Healthcare and Obama

It's all tied up with special interest groups. The government cares more about pleasing them than pleasing the citizens. We don't donate millions upon millions of dollars to them for political " speech ".

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 15th Mar, 2017 - 2:18am

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2017 - 2:27am / Post ID: #

Obama & Healthcare
A Friend

Healthcare and Obama

I saw that report too Abnninja. But what it didn't mention was how many of those were coming to the US. That is tough to say for certain, but if the percentage trends from previous years pull through, you're looking at only 5,000 coming here, with most of the rest going to various places in Europe. That's out of a population of over 35 million.

Look, I'm not saying that the Canadian system is perfect, far from it. Frankly, among healthcare systems of its type it is not a great example.

However, they get the important part of the job done as well or better than we do, and they do so with much much less in the way of waste.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 15th Mar, 2017 - 2:30am

Post Date: 15th Mar, 2017 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

Obama & Healthcare
A Friend

Obama & Healthcare

Have mentioned lately how much I enjoy this site? It's great to be challenged. Yes, we pay way too much to executives who make self serving decisions. Yes, our politicians cater to them. Yes, but still over 50,000 leave Canada's free healthcare to pay for it. After years of "Free" military and VA healthcare I know that anything is better.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2017 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Obama & Healthcare - Page 24

Reports: House vote on Obamacare repeal bill postponed

The Thursday vote on the Obamacare repeal legislation has been postponed after a meeting between President Trump and members of the House Freedom Caucus produced no deal on the bill, multiple news outlets are reporting. With every House Democrat also opposed, the opposition from some conservatives and moderate Republicans would be enough to defeat the bill on the House floor. Ref. USAToday.

Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2017 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

Obama & Healthcare
A Friend

Obama & Healthcare Psychology Special & Health - Page 24

Yup, not only do the Democrats and Republicans not get along, now the Republicans can't even get along with each other. If they repeal this thing and take away health care for 20,000,000 Americans it'll be a catastrophe for them and for the country. I'm not a fan of Obamacare, but we have it so let's fix it and start messing around.

> TOPIC: Obama & Healthcare

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,