Coyote Attacks - Page 2 of 3

Keeping a cat inside with a dog door is almost - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Apr, 2017 - 12:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Discuss  Coyote Attacks Coyote Attacks Prompt Warning To Keep Pets Inside
Post Date: 25th Mar, 2017 - 11:42am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Coyote Attacks - Page 2

Big-game jitters: Coyotes no match for wolves' hunting prowess

As wolf populations plummeted, the eastern coyote assumed the role of apex predator in forests along the Atlantic Coast. New research, however, shows that the eastern coyote is no match for the wolf. While the eastern coyote can bring down moose and other large prey, it prefers to attack smaller animals and to scavenge. Ref. Source 4m.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

Coyote Attacks
A Friend

Attacks Coyote

One would expect this since wolves are bigger and stronger. Don't get me wrong, a pack of hungry coyotes is dangerous, but a pack of hungry wolves is deadly. It's good they rarely attack humans.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 9:33pm / Post ID: #

Coyote Attacks
A Friend

Coyote Attacks History & Civil Business Politics

Coyotes have always been more of a scavenger species than a real killer species. I think the wolf needs to be brought back into the eastern United States to help with other species in the area that no long feel as threatened without the wolf. We keep humans accountable to not hunt them and it can be some new equilibrium back in nature.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

Coyote Attacks
A Friend

Page 2 Attacks Coyote

KN,

I absolutely agree. I'd like to bring cougars back too. Monitored and located in only s few places, but both predators should be reintroduced.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 9:40pm / Post ID: #

Coyote Attacks
A Friend

Attacks Coyote

Cougars are in some parts but every time someone sees one others go out hunting for them. It is sad that people can not get along with some of the big cats. I think they will treat the wolf the same way which is sad.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 9:44pm / Post ID: #

Coyote Attacks
A Friend

Coyote Attacks

Wolves? Here in the east? I didn't know that. I once saw a cougar in the wild while I was hunting wild boar at Camp Hunter Liggett in CA. It's one of my greatest hunting experiences and I never pulled the trigger. The cat was magnificent.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 4th Apr, 2017 - 9:44pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 6:51am / Post ID: #

Coyote Attacks
A Friend

Coyote Attacks - Page 2

Coyotes are very common both in Arizona and in Washington. Currently there must be a coyote somewhere nearby my aunt's house because it makes the dog go crazy and run outside barking. In general they seem to avoid more urban areas, but we have to worry about the cats going out the dog door or they'll start to disappear.

We wouldn't worry about the cats sneaking outside except for the fact that they make a tasty snack - which is probably why the coyotes like to hang around. We've tried putting peppermint oil and other things the cats aren't supposed to like on the dog flap but it hasn't been discouraging them.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

Coyote Attacks
A Friend

Coyote Attacks Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Keeping a cat inside with a dog door is almost impossible. Unless you have a smart dog door that uses a collar activated door.

While most coyotes will stay away if there is a supply of food they will hang around. The main issue is making that food source for them go away.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Coyote Attacks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,