Complex Burial Rituals And Cannibalism

Complex Burial Rituals Cannibalism - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 29th Jul, 2014 - 3:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2009 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Cannibal theory over early Briton

An ancient bone found in a Devon cave shows signs of dismemberment which could be evidence of complex burial rituals and cannibalism say archaologists. Ref. Source 7

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2009 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Cannibalism Rituals Burial Complex

Cannibalism was a strong part of Celtic culture.
When a king lived for seven years, his reign was ended by his ritual sacrifice, his body was then dismembered and his flesh eaten by the tribe.
If a powerful warrior was killed in battle, and he was famous for having a strong right arm, the surviving warriors would take his dead arm and eat it.
Passing on divinity by devouring body and blood is the main theme behind the Christian token ritual of communion.

8th Aug, 2009 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

Complex Burial Rituals And Cannibalism Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

Wow I thought that only happened in Africa and those places. I didn't know Europeans were cannibals too.

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2009 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Cannibalism was very common in the culture of indigenous tribes all over the world. In most it is now a taboo, but until a few generations ago it was still practiced where "Civilization" and ironically Christian values had not reached.

29th Aug, 2009 - 7:34am / Post ID: #

Natives witnessed Europeans killing and eating their own men when they had not been in "the U.S." for very long. Many tribes did not commonly commit cannibalism in the sense of killing and eating people or even just eating people who were already dead. Some tribes (worldwide) would cremate and ingest to try to take in a part of the person's spirit.
Cannibalism has occurred all over this world during times of starvation and still happens in present time.

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2009 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

This is true, in the Legend of Slaine for example the King is sacrificed to bring fruitfulness and bounty to the land. His body is cremated and the ashes are gathered and smoked with herbal leaves by the Elders of the Tribe.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Aug, 2009 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

Complex Burial Rituals Cannibalism

I find the topic of cannibalism very interesting. I try to read about it or watch documentaries. One show I saw on cannibalism showed a tribe in some country (I can't remember which one) where the people would smoke the ashes (I think) of one of their tribe members after the person died. They did this to keep the spirit from being taken by evil if I remember right. This is something occurring in present times.

Post Date: 29th Jul, 2014 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Complex Burial Rituals Cannibalism Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal

The creepiest modern-day cannibals

IT"S often associated with mysterious, island tribes from a far away land, but recent headlines prove the idea of eating humans is as prevalent today as it was back in the 16th Century. Ref. Source 6

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Complex Burial Rituals And Cannibalism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,