USA Football / United States Soccer Team - Page 2 of 7

Rather off topic, but... Yes RPG I strongly - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 13th Oct, 2009 - 11:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »
U.S.A. Top league level? USA Soccer / US Soccer
Post Date: 1st Sep, 2009 - 2:21pm / Post ID: #

USA Football  / United States Soccer Team
A Friend

USA Football / United States Soccer Team - Page 2

I hope that we can do well and make a good showing at the world cup play. I would like to see us finish in the top ten or better.

Sponsored Links:
10th Oct, 2009 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

Team Soccer States United Football USA

I would just like to see us, this is a very important game coming up, and it isn't showing on TV tonight. We have a history of losing to these teams because of their amazing crowds and our inability to adapt to the things that happen to us when we leave the safety of the US or Europe. Good examples would be people pulling up outside the hotel and blasting large speakers at 2am (it happened last time around), calling players rooms at 2-4 am, setting off fire alarms at all hours of the night. We play football, but these countries LIVE football. If we win tonight it will speak volumes as to how we will do in the tournament, if we lose we can still get in but why bother if we can't beat an inferior team in Honduras?

10th Oct, 2009 - 10:11pm / Post ID: #

USA Football / United States Soccer Team Sports & Fashion Music Movies

The US has proven itself to be a World Cup level team with Donavan as your star player. They already qualified for South Africa, not so? I think if the US' fan base can become stronger then you will have a good chance of being in the finals of a World Cup. Right now the US might be losing future players to the NFL, MLB and NBA.

10th Oct, 2009 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Team Soccer States United Football USA

international QUOTE (JB @ 10-Oct 09, 10:11 PM)
Right now the US might be losing future players to the NFL, MLB and NBA.

This is evident in the transition of High School and College level soccer players becoming Punters and Kickers in football so they can get the big contracts of the NFL. Soccer is continuing to gain momentum, the addition of the Seattle team in MLS shows how quickly a team can be accepted in a given US city (I believe Toronto Canada was granted the other new team).
I do not believe future players are heading towards the NBA though, most soccer players are 6'2" and smaller, while most basketball players are 6'3" and up. I use the word most because as we all know there are extremely short basketball players (Allen Iverson) and tall soccer players (Kristof van Hout).

Post Date: 12th Oct, 2009 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Team Soccer States United Football USA

I like to watch MLS, recently LA Galaxy signed a English player (not David Beckham) called Chris Birchall. Even though he plays for the International team of Trinidad he was born in the same town as me and played for the local team here Port Vale FC.

I think the games are generally exciting and there is always some kind of drama be it a red card or many goals.

The USA team is always successful in major competition because of their style of play and fitness.

Hopefully they will get to the final, and play England.

13th Oct, 2009 - 1:34pm / Post ID: #

USA Football / United States Soccer Team

James you're indirectly saying England will be in the final? I think the United States may win some, but we will lose some too and not be in the top four. The problem with us is we don't have real dynamite players who go all out. We are good all rounders but lacking that extra umph it takes to win a world cup.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Oct, 2009 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

USA Football / United States Soccer Team - Page 2

I am still looking for the USA team to head to the finals of the world cup games. I think that we are still improving as a team.

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2009 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

USA Football / United States Soccer Team Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

Rather off topic, but...
Yes RPG I strongly believe England will make it all the way. We have some of the best individual players in the world with Gerrard, Rooney and Terry. Also Beckham can win a game with one kick of the ball.

I think USA have a great chance to suprise people too, World Cups always have some underdogs and with just a little luck they can progress far. As they have in the past.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Offtopic Tags so that the Thread maintains the SAME subject matter and does not develop into another Topic. See Constructive Posting Policy.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: USA Football / United States Soccer Team

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,