Difference Between Love & Lust - Page 9 of 13

JB you do ask the hardest question here. For - Page 9 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 17th Jan, 2007 - 7:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
love How do I know if I am in love or in lust?
Post Date: 25th May, 2006 - 3:30am / Post ID: #

Difference Between Love & Lust
A Friend

Difference Between Love & Lust - Page 9

Honestly, yes, I believe that love is NOT everything. I am in my second marriage now, and am lucky enough to have gotten it right this time. However, my previous marriage was quite the opposite of the heaven I live in now. It was violent, volatile, and dangerous, not only for me but also for our children. She was swift to anger and violence, and I was too submissive to stand up to her. We argued constantly, neither of us quite willing to give as much as we were taking in the relationship. It takes work, from both partners, to make love last. It takes commitment, it takes maturity, and it takes sacrifice, but in the end, what is gained is so much better than anything that may have been lost.

Unfortunately, in circumstances such as mine, love can change over time into something perverted, something ugly. It can turn to hatred, or if not that severe, at least a severe distrust towards the other person. I honestly feel that I cannot trust my ex wife, no matter what I may have felt for her before, because she betrayed the trust I put in her in many more ways than just one. I trusted her with my body, and she broke me. I trusted her with my soul, and she tainted me. I trusted her with my life, and she almost ended me. Any love that I may have felt for her was twisted, because with love for another comes an intimate understanding of who they are, and all I could see was the ugliness within her.

Love can, indeed, be lost, even die. However, in circumstances where it is lost due to the two not being able to be civil or mature with themselves and each other, it is better in the end that they do NOT pursue the relationship until both learn how to properly be in a lifelong relationship.

I hope that this helps...I only wish that I wasn't the person who had to learn these things firsthand. Ah, well, such is life. We live, we hurt, we grow, and in the end, we realize that life is just this: living. There's no secret to it, no mystery behind it. It is simply learning, growing, making every minute better for ourselves and others, for if no one else is happy, how can WE be happy?

Sponsored Links:
25th May, 2006 - 4:08am / Post ID: #

Lust and Love Difference

Let us not stray from the Topic at hand. The subject is based on the differences between Love and Lust. Within the past eight pages we have had an in depth Discussion about what Lust is and what Love is... I implore you to read this Thread in its' entirety, in this regard all your questions will be answered. Briefly though, I will say the equation is simple: If some loves you then they will do nothing to intentionally hurt you in any aspect. If someone lusts after you then the possibility exists that they can hurt you. Now, please start at page one.

30th May, 2006 - 9:26pm / Post ID: #

Difference Between Love & Lust Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Quoted from JB

'How do I know I am really in Love'? Lust is not Love and that is for sure, 

I have personall experienced marrying for the wrong reason. You are so right.
I believe love can be attained in one of two ways.

I have talked to people that had been married in a country where marriage is arranged without the male and female even meeting before the ceremony. They have more than once told me that true love grows through mutual trust and respect over many years.

When we arrange our own marriage that kind of love is what the lucky ones get to experience after several years of marriage. What I am interested in are the stages we go through to reach true love.

1. The first stage would be seeing someone interesting.
2. The second stage would be mutual eye contact.
3. I would call infatuation ( Bambi called it twitterpated )
4. Dating. Getting to know one another.
5. And finally love.
6. And if you stay together through thick and thin, Comfortable Love.

I gave a name in an earlier post to the first two stages, but no one agreed. Can anyone label the first and second stages? Is there a label for that first thrilling physical attraction? Infatuation and love are definetly not possible in stages 1 and 2, so what do you call it?

30th May, 2006 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

Page 9 Lust and Love Difference

Lust is purely about looks and savagery such as screwing each other but there is no love there. Love on the other hand is an equal balance of wanting to please the person your with mental and physically. If the two can't get along there is no love. If the two can't separate it is love. Like stated before time can alter the way you feel for someone. Lust is really the only thing that I have seen stay the same so far.

31st May, 2006 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

Lust and Love Difference

I am very well aware that the word lust means something bad to most people, but Webster's Dictionary shows different meanings, not all of them bad.

pleasure, delight, personal inclination, intense desire, craving, enthusiasm, and eagerness 

1st Jun, 2006 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

As has already been Discussed here in many different ways the purpose of this Thread is based on the difference between Love and Lust. Yes, the dictionary may give terminology for the word 'lust', but you will notice that none of those words signify Love. Using Mousetrails example we could place those words with anything, but you cannot do that with the words that describe Love - that is a key difference. For example being kind is being kind, you cannot change that for something else.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2006 - 2:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Difference Love & Lust - Page 9

I find that in our society, more and more people view lust as love and most of the time end up falling to pieces. You can not really say someone is wrong if they are expressing their opinion on love for it is their own way of feeling it. Different people have different ways and thoughts upon love.

17th Jan, 2007 - 7:08pm / Post ID: #

Difference Love & Lust Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 9

JB you do ask the hardest question here.

For me the difference between love and lust is, with an object we love we tend to and care for it. When separated the person longs to return to it with every part of ones being. Also a feeling of being content with the item and never truly tiring of it.

With lust one tends to strive for the object obtain it, use it then search for the next once we bore with it. Even just strive to get more of the item lusted after. Also never finding true contentment once the item was obtained.

+  « First of 13 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 

> TOPIC: Difference Between Love & Lust

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,