Difference Between Love & Lust - Page 10 of 13

A crush is a chemical/hormone (Can't - Page 10 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 23rd Sep, 2010 - 2:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
love How do I know if I am in love or in lust?
14th Mar, 2007 - 9:01pm / Post ID: #

Difference Between Love & Lust - Page 10

Love is that special warm feeling inside whenever you see that special someone. Even though your friends may point out that "someone" is far from perfect, you will never care about that since love is never judgemental; love respects and accepts you, just the way you are.

On the other hand, lust can never be satisfied and always longs for the "forbidden fruit." Lust will judge you solely on your looks and never cares if you are a good or evil person. Lust is self absorbed.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jun, 2007 - 12:36pm / Post ID: #

Lust and Love Difference

They are both four letter words, and these days one should replace the other in the everyday communications between couples. If you find yourself asking the difference the answer is obvious.

One will complete you forever the other will satisfy you for a brief moment of time.

3rd Oct, 2007 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Difference Between Love & Lust Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Lets break it down real simple like: lust brings you nothing its like a fad and in a relationship it sucks. Love is everything you are looking for but for heavens sake it is so hard to find!

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2008 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

Difference Between Love & Lust
A Friend

Page 10 Lust and Love Difference

Lust comes first and then the love. If you're in a relationship, when the lust has waned and you're still together genuinely happy, then that's love.

Reconcile Edited: Shadow on 16th Mar, 2008 - 5:51pm

17th Mar, 2008 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Lust and Love Difference

What an interesting topic, how did I miss this? For me love is a caring emotion, you genuinely are interested in the feelings of the other. Lust of course is usually just about physical attraction or something you can get out of imagining 'what if'.

Post Date: 2nd May, 2008 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I"d like to add an observation. The question, as it applies to a relationship actually has 3 stages; Lust, "In-Love" and Love. There is a difference between being "In Love" and loving someone. "In Love" is infatuation. It is the stage of a relationship where you can't stop thinking about the other person, where everything you do, or see, somehow reminds you of the other person. You can't eat or sleep without some contact with the object of your infatuation. Believe me, this stage of a relationship passes!

This point was brought up, very clearly, in an old movie. I can't remember the name of the movie but it was about Quakers who did their best to stay out of the American Civil War. There is a scene where a young man is sitting in the parlor with the father asking for his daughter's hand in marriage. The old man asks him "Do you like her?" to which the young man is surprised and answers "Yes, sir, I love her with all my heart." The old man says "I didn't ask you if you loved her I asked if you LIKE her." Then he explains that they have to be friends because "love" comes and goes in a relationship. He was talking about "In Love" the infatuation with the other person.

Love is of the spirit. As JB said it is kind, is considerate, is compassionate, is there when you are down, is there for you even when you make unwise choices and makes you feel happy and at peace, is non-judgmental, caring, supportive, and respectful and all the other good things we want to receive from the other people in our lives. Being "IN LOVE" is feverish and consuming. This passes. Lust is NOT necessarily bad, it is the chemical response that God gave us for the purpose of protecting and nurturing our mates and children and for the purpose of procreation. It is part of our "drive" to achieve. Without lust you have a celibate and possibly stagnant relationship. Humans are not generally made for celibacy.

How do you know if you LOVE someone? You can still function without them near. You can think clearly and do what you need to do. You can go through your day and be NOW in all your moments, though something may spark the sense of "my beloved would like this" in many random moments but those random moments do not rob you of attention, intention or function. The trust, compassion, support, and respect for this other person is still there but you are not "pining away".

Unfortunately, some people grow up without knowing real love. If a person has trust issues, they have not lived with real love. If someone is jealous or envious of the person they think they love, they do not. Real love is tolerant but it is also instructive. Real love is NOT self destructive. I"ve heard too many people who are taking physical, emotional or psychological abuse from their partner say they can't leave because they "Love" the person. This is not love. Real love is also self-preserving.

Namika said it well

" Therefore, in choosing someone to love, one should have a wise heart and head, and never let it take you astray." 
Being "in love" is all heart and chemistry, real love involves all that a being is.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Jul, 2008 - 11:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Difference Love & Lust - Page 10

In my opinion, I believe love and lust are two different things. But love and lust can become one, fused together into a verb called Lost. Lost means love and lust mixed together. This new definition of love and lust defies logic. For it means love brings lust, and lust brings love. They are interconnected. Without lust, we would not love. People think it's evil to have sex all the time. In fact, it truly is. But it is also evil to defy your own lust. You should accept your sexuality (I had trouble with that). Without love, we can lust. That makes love good and lust evil. Vice versa, love is good and so is lust because lust enables love. When making love, pleasure gives love.

Now I know you all probably think I am a pervert, but this is just a point of view that I recently had. I used to believe that lust and love had nothing to do with each other. But no, they have deep connections.

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2010 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Difference Love & Lust Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 10

A crush is a chemical/hormone (Can't remember which) called oxytocin which stays for about 2 years when you are around some few specific people which gives you this uplifting feeling. Love is respecting that person and being in an adult to adult relationship with that person in which you both full-fill eachothers companionship. Lust is a desire, any desire, but in this case, a s-xual desire for a lovely body or a desire for taking another aspect of a person.

+  « First of 13 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 

> TOPIC: Difference Between Love & Lust

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,