Prepared for Death

Prepared Death - Studies of Dreams, Mystics, Paranormal - Posted: 5th May, 2003 - 10:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (10) »
This looks at the aspects of death we may not have thought about.
Prepared for Death Related Information to Prepared for Death
2nd Apr, 2003 - 12:41pm / Post ID: #

Prepared for Death

Death brings various thoughts to different people. What are your thoughts about death?

NOTE: This is not to influence you to want to die, but to make you think of those who do die, and wether they lived a life that prepared them. In reflection, you may think of your own life and if you are ready/prepared.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2003 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Prepared for Death
A Friend

Death Prepared

Well, I guess that all depends.
Are you getting up a load to go now?

The idea of being ready or prepared is a very abstract thing, and generally colored by our illusions about ourselves, ie, what we would like to think about ourselves.

I think that, at my age I am well aware that it is inevitable and a whole lot closer and more immanent than when I was twenty and invincible.

The thought doesn't cause any fear- at least any conscious fear.

But as for being ready, I wouldn't recommend pointing a pistol at me. I would likely decide l'm not QUITE ready.

2nd Apr, 2003 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

Prepared for Death Paranormal & Mystics Dreams Studies

I think that, at my age I am well aware that it is inevitable and a whole lot closer and more immanent than when I was twenty and invincible.

JB wonders what age is that.  ;D

People do, plan, prepare, for something based on an expectation. If one were to be in a certain 'state of mind' for death then it would mostly certainly surround their belief of what happens after, since if the conclusion was that there was no afterlife then why would it even matter.

2nd Apr, 2003 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #

Death Prepared

Well people, this is a touchy subject for me. I don't really care so much about me and my death but yes about loved ones...I cannot think about it, if somebody even mentions the subject, I get pretty upset sad.gif I don't know really why because I know one day everybody will die but...it's very hard for me to think about it. It makes me very sad.
I just want death coming to my life very quietly, maybe when I'm asleep...but I will not be ready until I reach my 90's for sure!. I want all the time of the world to spend with my family, grow and experience things here on Earth.

You know how many times I asked you how old are you and you still avoiding my question? ;D Come on sir, say how old are you. The people wanna know! wink.gif

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2003 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

Prepared for Death
A Friend

Death Prepared

JB wonders what age is that.

Let's put it this way.
I used to change Moses' diapers.

2nd Apr, 2003 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

Prepared for Death

I remember when I was around 8 years old, I went to a Catholic Primary School and this nun who was very old passed away. The other nuns and priests were very, very sad but I remember like it was yesterday that they made this huge party with music for her! She left a letter saying that she wanted that the nuns and students at school can have a party celebrating her way back to God. It touched me so much, I was just a little girl but it really had an effect on me. And I admired this woman because of her faith and strength. The nuns made the party and they even dance, although most of them had tears in their eyes...

Rather off topic, but...

May I guess a number and you tell me if you're older or younger than that? ;D
I guess you're around 52 *smile*
Older or younger?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Apr, 2003 - 8:35am / Post ID: #

Prepared for Death
A Friend

Prepared Death

Death is not something that I personally fear at all, I feel at peace with the fact that I am mortal and one day will have to meet my maker, in fact I feel that greater things await me beyond the veil. Nevertheless I do enjoy living and would not want to pass away just yet, I am still young and have plenty of life left in me yet.

Post Date: 5th May, 2003 - 10:33am / Post ID: #

Prepared for Death
A Friend

Prepared Death Studies Dreams Mystics & Paranormal

i dont like to think about it because there is nothing good about death. i always feel sad when i see someone i know dies.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Prepared for Death

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,