Kobe Bryant - Bad Boy? - Page 3 of 8

I read all of these posts with interest and - Page 3 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 14th Nov, 2003 - 12:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »
Top  Kobe Bryant,Bad Boy [News] Felony sexual assault against Kobe
Kobe Bryant - Bad Boy? Related Information to Kobe Bryant - Bad Boy?
Post Date: 28th Jul, 2003 - 10:48pm / Post ID: #

Kobe Bryant - Bad Boy?
A Friend

Kobe Bryant - Bad Boy? - Page 3

I think he's a twat with a receding hairline, but he's probably innocent. None of the articles I have read have actually outlined the circumstances of the "sexual harrassment",  as much as I hate him and the rest of the Lakers I don't think he did it. I think it was just somebody going wanting publicity and wanting him to get into trouble or just trying to sue him for some money.......

I wouldn't be surprised if the girl who is pressing charges on him is a white  red hair/blonde girl...

Sponsored Links:
29th Jul, 2003 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

Boy Bad Bryant Kobe

I wouldn't be surprised if the girl who is pressing charges on him is a white  red hair/blonde girl

What difference it will make?

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2003 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

Kobe Bryant - Bad Boy?
A Friend

Kobe Bryant - Bad Boy? Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Well, from what I can understand on the news, they're saying that the girl told him 'no'.  Which then is considered sexual assault.  But whether she really said 'no' or not is a different story.  But Kobe must have known what he did was wrong because he did turn himself into the Colorado police after the word got out.  So if he's not guilty, why would he turn himself in?  As soon as I find the link where I read that, I'll post it.  :)

6th Aug, 2003 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Boy Bad Bryant Kobe

As always these people express my sentiment, well maybe I should not use always. but at least most of the time...

Nightline Daily E-Mail August 6, 2003

Behind all of the circus, the media craziness, the endorsements, and the nastiness, there is a charge of rape. And only two people really know what happened, Kobe Bryant and the woman who has accused him. Rape laws have changed dramatically over the last decades, but it still comes down, in many ways, to a case of "he said, she said."

I heard on the radio this morning that it's already being called "Camp Kobe." That's the huge media camp across the street from the courthouse in Colorado where Kobe Bryant will have to appear today for a very brief hearing. There are probably more journalists covering this case than there are covering the war in Iraq. I leave it to you all to draw your own conclusions on that one.

But there is a serious charge here. Rape. Now we've already seen some of the ugliness that often accompanies rape cases. The woman's history, some of it apparently true, some of it not, is already being pored over. You hear things like "she asked for it" or "she should have known better" or stuff like that. Oftentimes, the defense in a rape case will try to put the victim on trial. And the way the laws were written before, that was pretty easy. But things have changed in many states. Now, some argue, the advantage goes to the victim. Past history can't be brought up, or at least not as easily. Some states allow for there to be consensual sex, but at the point that one person says "no," then any continuation of sexual activity can, in some cases, be seen as rape.

Old laws used to require witnesses, but most sexual assaults happen out of the view of others. And so it does come down to "he said, she said." Granted, DNA evidence has gone a long way towards solving more rape cases, but the overwhelming percentage of them involve someone that the victim knows. In those cases, it's not a question of whether or not sex occurred, or who was involved, it's whether or not there was consent. And that's what becomes so difficult.

Quoted in part...
Leory Sievers and the Nightline Staff - ABCNEWS Washington bureau

I wonder if in the case of where Koby was married if this will bring more discredit to him or to her as knowing she was married.

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2003 - 12:04am / Post ID: #

Kobe Bryant - Bad Boy?
A Friend

Boy Bad Bryant Kobe

I try to keep an open mind before all the evidence is presented.  And they'r not like to release evidence before the trial.  

Kobe already has a major advantage because he is popular while the alleged victim is already being dragged through the mud when she is very possibly the victim of a horrible crime.  Judging from this girls environment I don't see how could benefit from making a false charge like this.  In fact it takes a lot of courage to report a crime like this because victims almost always become the accused themselves.

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2003 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #

Kobe Bryant - Bad Boy?
A Friend

Kobe Bryant - Bad Boy?

In fact it takes a lot of courage to report a crime like this because victims almost always become the accused themselves.

This is true, Sofia.  It does take alot of courage and strength for someone to admit what has happened to them was wrong.

Kobe already has a major advantage because he is popular while the alleged victim is already being dragged through the mud when she is very possibly the victim of a horrible crime.

I haven't really heard much of the victims character being dragged through the mud.  I'm not saying that people in her town aren't talking, but I haven't heard anything where I live or on the news.  I do remember hearing that the victim's past, was not going to be brought into the court room as protection of her to not be on trial, but to have Kobe on trial.  And as far as I know, the victim's name was never released.  But with Kobe being popular and having a weak moment, it leaves him open to such scams of false accusations.  But we all of heard that he doesn't deny that he has done wrong, so it appears to me that there was no foul play involved so to speak.  (Meaning, maybe she didn't falsly accuse Kobe of sexual assault.)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Nov, 2003 - 9:14am / Post ID: #

Kobe Bryant Bad Boy - Page 3

As a follow-up.... I thought it was interesting that there was no plea entered.

BRYANT APPEARS IN COURT; NO PLEA ENTERED
Kobe Bryant arrived at a Colorado courthouse Thursday for his first hearing
before the judge who will preside over his sexual assault trial.
https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/bask....bryantcase.ap/

14th Nov, 2003 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

Kobe Bryant Bad Boy Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 3

I read all of these posts with interest and now will add my thoughts.

The girl's name was released and this release was illegal.  Yet it was done and at least one paper published the name knowing it was illegal.

The girl willingly went to his room.  She willingly engaged in some sexual activity.   To what extent I don't know, but at least to kissing.  

She claims at some point she said she didn't want to continue the activities and he ignored her and continued.

The underclothing she wore to the hospital had DNA from another sexual encounter with someone else, so that does lead to questions of her character.  If she recently had a sexual encounter with someone, then unless she makes a habit of sleeping around, it would seem she was "involved" with someone, so then why would she go to Kobe's hotel room with him in the first place?

Apparently girls hanging out with NBA stars is a huge "problem."  Bigger than in other pro sports.  There are tons of them at each hotel lobby waiting for the players.  This according to a recent show I watched discussing this issue with a former player.

While it is true Kobe committed adultery.  That really isn't illegal.  I realize that all women have the right to say "no," but I also recognize that you do reach a point in the "activities" where it may not really be reasonable to expect to be able to say "no" any longer and be taken seriously.

What was she doing in his room "making out with him" in the first place?

These charges are quite serious.  If he is convicted he will be labeled a sex offender and be required to register as a sex offender wherever he lives for the rest of his life.  Pretty harsh given the circumstances, in my opinion.

I don't believe it is o.k. to rape and that includes date rape, but he doesn't seem the type up to this point in his very public life.  

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Kobe Bryant - Bad Boy?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,