Golf - Page 2 of 23

I think we don't give the other players - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 11th Apr, 2005 - 3:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (23) »
The highest paid sport, but when do they ever start to sweat?
Post Date: 28th Jul, 2004 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

Golf
A Friend

Golf - Page 2

i personally could care less about golf...just not my sport, cuz like trinidad, i prefer the competitive sports...or real sports as you could say. then again, i do enjoy miniature golfing. cool.gif

as for tiger woods...who cares if he's been "declining", he's still making more money then anyone on this board is making! he's set for life, golf is just for fun, so who cares whether or not people are on a 'streak' or not...sorry, i just think the critics are being dumb and just need to settle down. biggrin.gif

Sponsored Links:
28th Jul, 2004 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

Golf

I prefer the competitive sports...or real sports as you could say.

Here's a news flash for you -- Golf is a real sport and it is very competitive too! wink.gif Perhaps you meant to say you prefer
team sports or contact sports or something?

Have you ever tried to play golf? I mean really tried to play on a real course not just mini golf which is nothing like real golf. It is one of the most difficult games to play. Those of you who are dismissing it as a sport probably think it isn't a sport because you don't run or try to hit
somebody. In reality baseball isn't all that physical either, but no one
disputes that it is a sport.

Reconcile Edited: funbikerchick on 16th Mar, 2005 - 6:48pm

28th Jul, 2004 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

Golf Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Hmmmm, tena, this sounds vaguely familiar to a discussion we had when I first joined the forum. Ahhh yes, here is what I was talking about. I do agree that calling it non-competitive is probably not the best description, but the argument for calling it a sport is still there. laugh.gif laugh.gif

I can just smell the can of worms I just opened. wink.gif

28th Jul, 2004 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Golf

Oh, Mr. Alexander, I am so disappointed in you! laugh.gif

I believe in an earlier post I actually listed the definition of "sport." So, it is a sport without any real room for argument. It just seems you don't want it to be considered a sport so you try to argue that it isn't. The definition for the word "sport" clearly proves that it is!!! tongue.gif

14th Aug, 2004 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

Golf

Let's get back to Tiger Woods for a minute. He barely made the cut this weekend for the PGA Championship, however, it keeps his streak of making tournament cuts at 129. An impressive stat seeing that the closest such streak is 25! What do you believe is Tiger's most impressive achievement to date? Here are some to choose from:

4 Majors in a row
129th consecutive cut made
331 consecutive weeks as #1 player in the World
100 Top 10 finishes in 154 tournaments played

Update: With Vijay Singh's win of the Deutsche Bank Championship, Tiger Wood's #1 streak has officially ended. Which streak will topple next???

Reconcile Edited: malexander on 8th Sep, 2004 - 7:58pm

16th Mar, 2005 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

Golf

Tiger Woods retiring?

Sports Illustrated recently interviewed Tiger Woods and the subject of retirement came up. For those who are familiar with golf, retirement is almost an unknown word, as golfers will usually competitively play until they are very old, and physically unable to play.
Tiger mentioned in the article that he will not play for as long as most golfers do today, and he is mostly interested in breaking 2 records:

18 Major PGA wins held by Jack Nicklaus
82 career PGA victories held by Sam Snead

Makes you wonder how much of this talk has to do with his new family and the fact that he is not dominating the PGA anymore?

Here is the rest of the article from CNNSI.com.

https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/golf...ex.html?cnn=yes

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Apr, 2005 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #

Golf - Page 2

Tiger Woods wins first major in almost 3 years

From CbsSportsline.com

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- The chip scooted up the slope and crawled toward the hole. There, for two agonizing seconds, it hung on the edge before disappearing into the cup.

A shot for the ages. Sheer magic from Tiger Woods at the Masters.

Just as stunning was the mess that followed, shots into the trees and the sand, a rare collapse by the greatest closer in golf on the verge of blowing a final-round lead in a major for the first time.

The only thing that looked familiar was Woods wearing a green jacket.

https://www.golfweb.com/tournaments/masters/story/8373262

This was Tiger's 4th Masters win and 9th Major win in his career. He was very emotional when talking about his father, who was not there to greet him at the end because of bad health. I watched some of the coverage, and to be honest, it still didn't look like the Tiger we all knew who crushed the competition. Chris DiMarco really gave him a run for his money and it took all the way to the last hole to seal his victory. It makes you wonder if Tiger is back on his winning ways, of if this is an indication of how difficult each win from now on will be for Tiger.

11th Apr, 2005 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Golf Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

I think we don't give the other players enough credit. Maybe it isn't that Tiger isn't as good as he was in the past. Maybe the other players are getting better than those he competed against when he first started to play in the majors. He is on target to beat the record for most major titles. I forget who holds that record, but Tiger is too years ahead of where they were at this point in their career.

Also, I saw an interview with him where he said he had changed his swing and that is why he appeared to struggle for a while.

But, as Xander will be the first to tell you...golf isn't really a sport anyway. tongue.gif

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (23) »

> TOPIC: Golf

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,