Cricket - General Discussion - Page 2 of 33

I was actually in England during the ICC competition - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 17th Oct, 2004 - 11:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (33) »

?
Poll: I understand the game of cricket?
  Yes, and I am a great fan of the sport       76.92%
  Yes, but I am not very interested in it       15.38%
  No, it is very confusing to me       7.69%
Total Votes: 13
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
The Australians have dominated this sport for a long time. Will the West Indies ever recover? Who is your favorite team? How about your favorite player? Use this Thread as a means to talk about Cricket in general terms. Use the more specific Threads to focus on actual events, players or countries.
9th Jul, 2004 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Cricket - General Discussion - Page 2

Yes, the reason they were shunned was because the grounds / stadiums did not meet the requirements set by the board, but yes, it is growing in popularity.

Sponsored Links:
9th Jul, 2004 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

Discussion General Cricket

Congratulations to the West Indies squad for reaching the final of the curren NatWest series after the great defeat of the home squad a couple of days ago. They now square off against the Zealanders in a crucial match for the furtherance of WI cricket in general. Hopefully Chris Gayle can continue his execellent play so far and guide the WI to victory.

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2004 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

Cricket - General Discussion
A Friend

Cricket - General Discussion Sports & Fashion Music Movies

why cricket uses a flat bat and baseball uses a rounded bat in playing them

23rd Jul, 2004 - 3:18pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Discussion General Cricket

well I would suspect it has to do with the delivery of the ball. In cricket, the ball is bounced to the batter, so having a round bat would be useless unless it was huge. Also too much chance of catching a round edge and going in the air. In baseball the ball is coming through the air, so a flat bad would be an advantage.

21st Aug, 2004 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

Discussion General Cricket

Well, the West Indies just concluded a disappointing trip to England after being swept convincingly 4-0. Is the West Indies team this bad? It seems that once the batting order has passed Lara and Chanderpaul that the opposing team knows there is no other threat. I remember when all the way down to the wicketkeeper we had a potent, offensive lineup. Has the level of cricket in the West Indies in general declined this much, where they cannot put together a good team?

21st Aug, 2004 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

Cricket - General Discussion

The West Indies as a whole, not just in Cricket - takes nothing seriously in my opinion. You can see it in their faces, in the words they use, in their body language - there is no competitive spirit - it is a matter of 'whatever happens, happens'. That kind of mentality will get you no where.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Sep, 2004 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Cricket General Discussion - Page 2

Well the West Indies won the ICC World Championship and redeem themselves from a long streak of loses. It was amazing since the winning runs they needed came off their 7th and 8th batsmen and everyone was certain the West Indies would have lost. Congrats to them.

17th Oct, 2004 - 11:50pm / Post ID: #

Cricket General Discussion Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

I was actually in England during the ICC competition and was fortunate enough to be close to Southampton to attend the semi-final match between WI and Pakistan. I would have loved to have gone to The Oval to see the final, which turned out to be one for the record books. The 70 run partnership between the 9th and 10th batsmen was unheard of for the WI, and I was glad to see the team finish the cricket season on such a high note. Lara may not return to the team and opt for retirement so it is good to see the youngsters stepping up.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (33) »

> TOPIC: Cricket - General Discussion

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,